General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User gromit69
(member) Mon 20-Jul-15 21:01:36
Print Post

How to find out EO line plans...

[link to this post]

I'm on an EO line and I'd like to find out what is planned for my exchange (rather than the generic 'we're looking into it' as stated on the OR website).
The rest of the village is now on FTTC, but I'm left on lowly ADSL2+ (I know - it's not that bad!)
Is there someone to contact to ask about it, or just register interest?
It might be worth pointing out that I'm in the old Digital Region area, so no chance of a BDUK project. My exchange is SLRY

I'm close enough to the exchange to run a length of CAT5 wink

Many thanks!
Standard User gtmcclinton
(regular) Mon 20-Jul-15 22:14:12
Print Post

Re: How to find out EO line plans...

[re: gromit69] [link to this post]

Wish I knew also.

Since openreach have FTTP planned at my exchange for a cabinet that serves 67 addresses, and there are 400 EO addresses, I suspect their plan is to include the EO lines, although there is nothing stating what they will do for EO.

It is absolutely maddening.
Standard User Fastman2
(committed) Mon 20-Jul-15 22:45:17
Print Post

[re: gtmcclinton] [link to this post]

think there is Yorkshire bDUK project that covers part of digital region so best to check

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Nightglow
(regular) Mon 20-Jul-15 23:12:50
Print Post

[re: Fastman2] [link to this post]

Drop a email to Joe Garner at Openreach. (joe.garner@openreach.co.uk)

Been having problems with my connection for a long time, getting nowhere with it, Ofcom could do nothing to resolve it, so contacted him, got email back same day apologising for problem, he arange for a engineer to visit, took him two day to sort problem, moved me from aluminum to copper line & gone from 9Mb to 69Mb as a result, & with G.INP now active up to 75Mb now.
Very pleased with joe's support,help & solving problem, so you have nothing to lose writing to him.

Edited by Nightglow (Mon 20-Jul-15 23:15:13)

Standard User gromit69
(member) Tue 21-Jul-15 09:24:34
Print Post

[re: Fastman2] [link to this post]

You're right - there's a new BDUK project:
www.superfastsouthyorkshire.co.uk

Thanks for the nudge.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 21-Jul-15 09:30:25
Print Post

[re: gromit69] [link to this post]

No sign of any changes to EO yet, but with a 98% fibre target (95% superfast) is looks reasonably hopeful, but still a chance you may be in the 2% missing out.

Since EO is more work and usually less value for money it tends to be done later in projects too.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
  Print Thread

Jump to