General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User thesimo
(regular) Tue 21-Jul-15 21:48:32
Print Post

My entire postcode is duplicated in BT's checker

[link to this post]

My post code is BT39 9US, and when checking on http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/products/broad... it says I can get Infinity, but upon ordering it failed twice, we eventually discovered that the whole postcode has duplicated addresses, one reporting Infinity as available, and one saying just regular ADSL is available.

I have brought this to BT's attention but they say it can take up to 10 working days to get it resolved.

This site shows the duplicates http://www.superfast-openreach.co.uk/where-and-when/

This one also does https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/adsl.htm?s...

I've rented this place because it said I can get Infinity, now this has come to light I fear I may be screwed.

Any ideas on what my chances are?
Thanks!
Standard User Nightglow
(regular) Tue 21-Jul-15 22:17:29
Print Post

Re: My entire postcode is duplicated in BT's checker

[re: thesimo] [link to this post]

Check here. https://www.telecom-tariffs.co.uk/codelook.htm
Standard User MCM
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 21-Jul-15 23:03:41
Print Post

This one also does https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/adsl.htm?s...

Are you sure about that? Whilst I am seeing double in Where & When I don't when using the BT Address checker which shows most if not all properties connected to Ballyclare Cab 15. Perhaps BT have updated/corrected it since you checked. I suspect that PCP15 has only recently been updated to Accepting Orders.
Any ideas on what my chances are?

Excellent

Edit. I now see PCP15 has been enabled for some time.

Edited by MCM (Tue 21-Jul-15 23:06:08)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User PaulKirby
(experienced) Wed 22-Jul-15 04:01:11
Print Post

[re: MCM] [link to this post]

I also see double addresses for all addresses for that post code for both on the BT DSL Checker as well as on the BTOR Where and when page.

This happens a lot, I never really noticed it until I wrote my own Checker Application.

There are two lots due to one being without NAD (Network Address) Keys and District ID's hence the XX for the District ID and the NAD Keys being blank in the source.

You need to pick the first version on the BT DSL Checker and the second version on the BTOR Where and when page.

*** update ***
Oh I forgot to mention, this sometimes happens when an update to the database for a set of addresses and that they have forgotten to remove the old information, or something is about to change.
Paul

Edited by PaulKirby (Wed 22-Jul-15 04:04:19)

Standard User thesimo
(regular) Wed 22-Jul-15 07:15:50
Print Post

[re: PaulKirby] [link to this post]

Thanks for your replies fellas, that all sounds pretty positive then!

Hopefully I can just sit tight and they'll figure it out. I did get confirmation from the old tenant that he couldn't get infinity at the time of moving in, but hopefully it has changed recently enough that that won't happen to me!
Standard User PaulKirby
(experienced) Wed 22-Jul-15 07:26:15
Print Post

What's it say when you enter your new phone number in here ?: http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/

Does that say that you are on cabinet 15 and that you can get FTTC?

Because the first version on the BT DSL Checker says the addresses are on cabinet 15 and can get fibre, however the second version says they are EO Lines (i.e. not connected to a cabinet) and there for cannot get fibre.

So check your new phone number and see what it says for that.

Paul
Standard User thesimo
(regular) Wed 22-Jul-15 07:29:49
Print Post

In the interim I decided to go with plusnet fibre broadband package, my number has been issued (i PMd u), but not sure how to check this as its technically not a BT line. It does say it wont be activated until the 5th of August, so maybe I cant check until then?

I do live right beside 2 businesses, one being 028 9335 2396 which lists FTTC and another across the road 028 9332 2223 which lists FTTC. Both those businesses are within 100m of my house.

Infact every business on-screen for about 500m in all directions has FTTC access. Split between cabinet 20 and 15, both of which are FTTC available.

When I think about it, if all of them are duplicated, and half say yes to infinity, and half don't, surely the reason for the insertion of the duplicates would be to say "infinity is now available", they would hardly insert a bunch of duplicates saying "infinity is no longer available", right?

Edited by thesimo (Wed 22-Jul-15 08:13:43)

Standard User PaulKirby
(experienced) Wed 22-Jul-15 08:12:11
Print Post

In reply to a post by thesimo:
In the interim I decided to go with plusnet fibre broadband package, my number has been issued (i PMd u), but not sure how to check this as its technically not a BT line. It does say it wont be activated until the 5th of August, so maybe I cant check until then?
Yeah, just checked and yes it fails with the following message "There is no data available for this number. This could be either because it is not a BT line or it is a new BT number that has just been provided. Most new numbers will appear on the checker 24 hours after BT has installed the line."

I say wait until it gets activated and then wait an extra 24 to 48 hours to make sure.

When I think about it, if all of them are duplicated, and half say yes to infinity, and half don't, surely the reason for the insertion of the duplicates would be to say "infinity is now available", they would hardly insert a bunch of duplicates saying "infinity is no longer available", right?
Erm, well I have started to see more and more of these popping up in my checks, I normally ignore the ones without the District ID and NAD Keys in my DSL Checker Application, that that will only see valid ones.

But like I have said these invalid dupes might of just been added and there are changes about to happen, or stuff has changed and they haven't removed the old ones.

All addresses apart from the FLAT and PLOT ones have the invalid dupes, so you could say not all of them have the dupes.

TBH I say its an error.
Have you tried to email BT Openreach with this issue? I will PM you with their email address.

Just wait for your phone line with the new number to activate and then check, its always best to check via phone number.

Paul
Standard User thesimo
(regular) Wed 22-Jul-15 08:16:13
Print Post

If you PM that address over, I'll give them an email.

I think that's all I can do for now - However I just did some google mapping and found what I think is cabinet 15 - (about 400m away as the crow flies) - https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@54.750106,-5.996156,3...

Worth a look, just for the guy scratching his balls.

Edited by thesimo (Wed 22-Jul-15 08:17:28)

Standard User PaulKirby
(experienced) Wed 22-Jul-15 08:22:52
Print Post

If you PM that address over, I'll give them an email.

I think that's all I can do for now - However I just did some google mapping and found what I think is cabinet 15 - (about 400m away as the crow flies) - https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@54.750106,-5.996156,3...

Worth a look, just for the guy scratching his balls.
PM Sent, yeah that looks like it has a 15 on it and its about 322m following the roads.

Paul
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to