General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Towerman
(newbie) Fri 24-Jul-15 10:16:33
Print Post

FTTC coming to Biggar ???

[link to this post]

OK - So I have noticed the on Digital Scotland HERE that the Biggar Exchange (WSBIG ML12 6GF) area is going to be enabled for FTTC soon smile
You are connected to cabinet number 4 on Biggar exchange, and work is currently planned to install fibre in this exchange area.

We expect the first premises in your area to be enabled for fibre within the next six months.

However "planned" could be anything between 2 months and never according to the experience people have with BT frown

So, what other information / dates are available out there on the www, that our learned forum colleagues can find / know about ???

Links to these resources (if they are in the public domain) will be helpful, as then I can easily check the progress without asking here all the time for updates.

Thanks in advance.

Richard

Edited by Towerman (Fri 24-Jul-15 10:17:12)

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 24-Jul-15 10:41:06
Print Post

Re: FTTC coming to Biggar ???

[re: Towerman] [link to this post]

Timelines are kept very well hidden so best spotting activity locally

As things stand cabinets 1,2,3 and 4 seem to be in the plans for FTTC and you are on cabinet 4 which I believe is https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@55.620294,-3.532253,3... and looks like a good location so long as the grass is public land.

There are some EO lines but no visible plans for them, but project is still in phase 1, with 85% target so might see work later on.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User PaulKirby
(experienced) Fri 24-Jul-15 10:49:53
Print Post

Re: FTTC coming to Biggar ???

[re: Towerman] [link to this post]

All I can see is the following:
Digital Scotland plans to extend fibre broadband coverage in this area. Work under the Digital Scotland programme means that the first premises in this area are currently expected to receive fibre broadband by the end of December 2015.

Please note that engineering plans and delivery timescales depend on many factors and can be subject to change.

All information is based on the best view we have today using our current plans.

If you would like us to contact you when fibre broadband becomes available in your postcode area or to receive a copy of our regular newsletter, register your details at http://www.digitalscotland.org/newsletter-signup/
Also seems that your exchange has yet to be upgraded hence "Fibre: FTTC or FTTP 31st December 2015", all I can see for the 4 cabinets is that they are down for FTTC and that the exchange is planned to be upgraded by "exchange planned 30th September 2015" as for the EO Lines I have no info.

Paul

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to