General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Terryphi
(member) Tue 28-Jul-15 15:43:05
Print Post

G.INP switch-on causing dramatic speed drop

[link to this post]

I have noticed that G.INP has been switched on (for downloads) on on my connection today with dramatic effect. Download speed is changing frequently and often dropping to half or less of the stable speed ( 36mbps) that I have enjoyed for the 2 months since FTTC was enabled. SNR and attenuation have not changed significantly. I am about 1200 metres from the Huawei cabinet and my modem/router is Billion 8800NL.

Is this immediate effect normal and will it settle down in a few days?

IDNet Fibre Lite
Running on Linux Mint 17
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 28-Jul-15 16:21:28
Print Post

Re: G.INP switch-on causing dramatic speed drop

[re: Terryphi] [link to this post]

G.INP might impact on connection speed, but should not be behind highly variable speeds during a test, what do speed tests look like i.e. supply a link to the result from http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest.html

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Tue 28-Jul-15 16:26:48
Print Post

G.INP are suppose to increase in your downstream sync rate, not reduced! Try power down Billion 8800NL for 31 minutes and power back up and this may resolved for u. It's happen to me once.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Terryphi
(member) Tue 28-Jul-15 18:40:13
Print Post

Thanks for the replies. G.INP seems to have settled down now and I am back to the pre-G.INP speed. Hopefully, it will stay that way. In view of the distance to the cabinet I was very happy with speed before G.INP.

IDNet Fibre Lite
Running on Linux Mint 17
  Print Thread

Jump to