General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User nostra
(member) Tue 28-Jul-15 22:06:27
Print Post

Broadband and line migration advice

[link to this post]

Hi, I am currently with BT for calls and Internet in a new house went with them as I could avoid the new line fee and am now looking to move to plus net for lines and fibre due to them being cheaper and always having a good experience historically.

The problem however is the fibre cabinet is now full and a new one needs installing which doesn't appear to be happening fast and lots of people on the estate queuing for no slots. The last thing I want to happen is for me to loose my place in the cabinet.

My question is does anyone know what the process for line and fibre transfers are, is there any risk of me loosing my fibre spot?

Thanks in advance.

Richard

BT infinity 2 and BTTV
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Tue 28-Jul-15 22:15:09
Print Post

Re: Broadband and line migration advice

[re: nostra] [link to this post]

There's a fairly high chance until the second cabinet is up and running. The slightest slipup in the migration order, and Plusnet are doing lots of slipups at the moment, and your phone goes over with the broadband failing for some reason.

Result, your slot becomes free and by the end of the day has been reallocated. Plus you have no broadband at all.

The indispensable man or woman passes from the scene, and what happens next is more or less the same thing as was happening before.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync 57676/14040kbps @ 600m. - BQM
  Print Thread

Jump to