General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User wonkychops
(newbie) Wed 29-Jul-15 10:50:13
Print Post

FTTP and green boxes on poles

[link to this post]

I think my exchange is doing FTTP to my house HR4 8LW? There are new cables overhead and a new green box on the telegraph pole outside my house that engineers have been fiddling with. Does that mean I get FTTP and if so how long before I can order/use it?
Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere but couldn't find it.
Thanks.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 29-Jul-15 11:03:03
Print Post

Re: FTTP and green boxes on poles

[re: wonkychops] [link to this post]

Yes the plan is for you to have FTTP.

http://www.coolwebhome.co.uk/fibre-cornwall/pages/im... shows the inside which is a set of fibre trays, which will feed the manifolds (http://www.coolwebhome.co.uk/fibre-cornwall/pages/image/imagepage14.html) which live at the top of the poles in the area.

In terms of how long, very much a how long is a piece of string, main delay will be getting a fibre splice team into the area to blow and connect all the fibre together. Might be a week, a month or a year.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User tomkat2006
(newbie) Wed 20-Sep-17 14:11:59
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Did you get your FTTP in the end? If so how long did it take? I too am in the same boat. Green box up, but no one from Open Reach or BT know anything further which seems bizarre.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 20-Sep-17 15:50:12
Print Post

[re: tomkat2006] [link to this post]

They have FTTP available to order now, but not likely to here from the original poster some two years after first post.

How long is a case of how long is a piece of string.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
  Print Thread

Jump to