General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User EffTee
(newbie) Fri 31-Jul-15 18:40:54
Print Post

Chipping Sodbury Cabinet 10

[link to this post]

Hi All,

Just wondered if anyone had any information on Cabinet 10 on the Chipping Sodbury exchange? The exchange has been up and running for FTTC for quite a while, but the cabinet date just keeps moving out. Currently says Septemer this year, but I'm not confident. A new cabinet came and went - sited by the existing one - plus some excavations, but nothing for quite a few months now.

Cheers,
Neil

Edited by EffTee (Fri 31-Jul-15 18:48:59)

Standard User FredTheB
(member) Fri 31-Jul-15 22:15:44
Print Post

Re: Chipping Sodbury Cabinet 10

[re: EffTee] [link to this post]

FTTC is Planned for 30th September 2015

Knowing BT, they will find a blockage in the ducts, and then put a roadwork notification up. Then a day later, they will delay the roadworks for another 2 weeks! I would think fibre may come though this time as there dont seem to be any duct blockages on roadworks.org

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fred The B

Connection = 2mbps
Standard User EffTee
(newbie) Sat 01-Aug-15 18:04:55
Print Post

[re: FredTheB] [link to this post]

Thanks Fred. I'm hoping that they will enable it this time, but every other time they've just slipped the date out. Time will tell!

Apart from roadworks.org is the any other ways to get a heads up on what they have planned?

Neil

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User FredTheB
(member) Sat 01-Aug-15 22:27:03
Print Post

Not sure on that one. Since your cab is being done under the BT commercial rollout, you cant really get much info from anywhere else. Emailing openreach will get you nowhere, all they do is send automated emails. Try contacting MrSaffron, he sometimes has good cabinet data.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fred The B

Connection = 2mbps
Standard User gavinlew
(newbie) Mon 03-Aug-15 10:19:06
Print Post

Hi EffTee,

The problem with SSCSY Cabinet 10 is Power related , The Fibre Cabinet on the corner of Lawns road is all wired up and fibre has been blown in (this was done in the summer last year and I have photographs of the work involved).

The original siting of the cabinet was due to the put up against the wall running around the perimeter of the Heritage Centre (you can see the hole has been filled in by tracing the tarmac from Cabinet 10 back towards the Heritage Centre), however the council and heritage centre complained hence it being moved to the corner of Lawns road.

The cabinet has no power running to it and from my last engagement with Openreach this was the cause for delay. I suspect the Sep 15 date will get pushed back out again.

I have now moved SSCSY Cabinet 10 , to SSCSY Cabinet 16 and have FTTC services but have an impacted line so only get 25mb , 5mb - my Virgin Media 150meg connection is rock solid.

I hope this helps, please feel free to contact me if I can help further.
Standard User EffTee
(newbie) Sat 08-Aug-15 21:36:38
Print Post

[re: gavinlew] [link to this post]

Thanks gavinlew - that's really interesting information. I had suspected that the Heritage Centre was part of the original issue with the box appearing and and then dis-appearing. It does seem like the resolution is taking a very long time. Oh well, guess I'll have to just be patient.

Thanks again for the info and sorry for not replying sooner - been away for a couple of days. If you do get any more info in the future feel free to PM me.

Neil
Standard User gavinlew
(newbie) Tue 29-Sep-15 08:17:05
Print Post

Hi ,

Good morning, unfortunately BT have pushed the cabinet activation date back again now to 31st Dec 2015.

I did walk past the cabinet this morning and it is still silent and just checked the availability data when I got into the office frown
Standard User David_W
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 29-Sep-15 09:26:47
Print Post

[re: gavinlew] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by gavinlew:
Good morning, unfortunately BT have pushed the cabinet activation date back again now to 31st Dec 2015.

31 December is an end quarter date, which is just a best estimate that can be put back once it is close to being reached. Dates that are not end quarter are typically somewhat firmer.

Standard User EffTee
(newbie) Tue 29-Sep-15 17:52:17
Print Post

[re: David_W] [link to this post]

Thanks for the info. The positive I took was that it didn't go back by a year or 9 months. Let's hope it doesn't just keep nudging out but settles on a firm date. I haven't seen any activity at the cabinet for a long while, though.
Standard User gavinlew
(newbie) Wed 30-Sep-15 09:17:01
Print Post

afaik from when I last saw inside the cabinet, it just needs its power connecting up, i have an email from Openreach confirming this somewhere as well.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to