General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User mazymony
(newbie) Sat 01-Aug-15 20:02:57
Print Post

Plusnet to BT Deal

[link to this post]

I'm going to phone up Plusnet tomorrow and tell them I'm leaving, the prices hikes are just a good way of getting out of my contract.

I'm just wondering if I could place an order for the current BT Infinity 1 deal ,which is decent at £10 + £17.99 line rental and £151.50 Topcashback and a £125 Sainsbury's voucher, on the Monday because I know there has to be 14 days notice but wouldn't it matter if I set the install date for later in the month, more than 14 days since I phoned Plusnet?

My current connection- Fibre (38Mbps) package
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sat 01-Aug-15 20:07:59
Print Post

Re: Plusnet to BT Deal

[re: mazymony] [link to this post]

I think what Plusnet means is your migration needs to be at least 14 days after you notify them you are leaving because of the rises.

You certainly don't want to give them a fixed 14 days notice as the migration could take longer than that.

The indispensable man or woman passes from the scene, and what happens next is more or less the same thing as was happening before.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync 57676/14040kbps @ 600m. - BQM

Edited by RobertoS (Sat 01-Aug-15 20:09:06)

Standard User Kr1s69
(knowledge is power) Sat 01-Aug-15 20:56:52
Print Post

[re: mazymony] [link to this post]

There's a 14 day cancellation period built into the new migration process now anyway, so the 14 days that plusnet require happen after you've placed the order. You don't need to call plusnet unless you want them to offer you a better deal.

You need to ensure the new order gets to plusnet before your right to leave whilst in contract ends (assuming you are in contract)

I've also started a migration to BT from plusnet, but I'm going for the TV package at £25.

Edit: check quidco too, you might get a bit more cashback

Kris

Plusnet
Ashington (Northumberland) Exchange

Edited by Kr1s69 (Sat 01-Aug-15 20:59:31)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User StephenTodd
(experienced) Sat 01-Aug-15 21:37:44
Print Post

[re: Kr1s69] [link to this post]

You don't need to call plusnet unless you want them to offer you a better deal.

But probably worth doing if you are in contract to confirm that the reason you are leaving is the price hike.
Otherwise Plusnet may charge cancellation fees; which you should get back in the end but with the risk of a lot of hassle.
Make sure you use the migrate word, not the cancel word, or they may cancel you entire broadband.
At one time BT were notorious for that for people migrating out; I don't know if Plusnet were but better safe than sorry.

I recently set up the change with Quicdo, but it looks as if Topcashback has had better offers since then.

--
Moved from BT Infinity 2 to PlusNet. Happy so far, but soon moving back after recent PlusNet changes.
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Sun 02-Aug-15 16:40:24
Print Post

[re: StephenTodd] [link to this post]

my opinion is its too risky to inform an isp you leaving, why?

they then may cease the line.

Sky Fibre Pro BQM - IPv4
Standard User Spud2003
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 02-Aug-15 17:37:27
Print Post

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

With Plusnet you can see what they're doing with your account via the ticket system, mine shows my BT activation date for the BT Infinity order I placed yesterday. If anything odd shows up you can contact them.

I spoke to Plusnet, as requested by the e-mail, to tell them I was leaving - no problem tickets raised as far as I can see.
Standard User therioman
(knowledge is power) Thu 06-Aug-15 08:58:29
Print Post

[re: Kr1s69] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Kr1s69:
There's a 14 day cancellation period built into the new migration process now anyway, so the 14 days that plusnet require happen after you've placed the order. You don't need to call plusnet unless you want them to offer you a better deal.

It's 10 days. The new Ofcom rules require a 10 day lead time.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 06-Aug-15 09:09:15
Print Post

[re: therioman] [link to this post]

10 working days = 14 calendar days

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User therioman
(knowledge is power) Thu 06-Aug-15 09:16:42
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
10 working days = 14 calendar days

Except with bank holidays etc, so I think saying 14 days is misleading also, especially at certain times of year.
  Print Thread

Jump to