General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User derekdel
(learned) Mon 03-Aug-15 19:14:11
Print Post

Pluse8 Broadband ...again....

[link to this post]

I am looking for honest opinions on the quality of service provided by Pluse8 Broadband in specific their Fibre package.
I know there are a few topics on here but I lost interest once the fighting started and then my eyes glazed over.......

Can they do fibre-fibre migration successfully yet as I will be coming from a provider that has my fibre custom at the moment and really don't want to spend the extra £30 to be ported back onto an adsl line then upgraded to fibre a few days/weeks later.

For what I have read so far I cant find a problem with them, the BQM on some TBB users sigs look a lot better than mine.

I had a short outage this morning on both lines and I NEEDED to send out a few time critical emails and as I couldn't even load web pages or email I phoned support and was eventually told it might have been everyone downloading the new Windows 10..............

It's happened a few times in the past so I am looking to move my eggs out of one basket and spread my connections over completely different platforms.

Any help would be appreciated smile

ZeN Line 1 BQM
ZeN Line 2 BQM
BT Backhaul sucks
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Mon 03-Aug-15 19:34:54
Print Post

Re: Pulse8 Broadband ...again....

[re: derekdel] [link to this post]

You almost certainly did get hit by lots of small businesses turning on their computers at 9am. See this News Article.

Zen probably has a very high percentage of such customers.

Re the FTTC >> FTTC on Pulse8, I don't think anyone knows yet. The thread that started bickering sorted out in the end, with two conflicting replies from Pulse8 on the same day.

I suggest you ring them, but make sure you speak to Adam, the owner, who is the one in touch with TalkTalk Business. It might be an idea if you look at the last few posts in that thread. (Assuming we are talking about the same one). So you can discuss those two reports.

The indispensable man or woman passes from the scene, and what happens next is more or less the same thing as was happening before.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync 57676/14040kbps @ 600m. - BQM
Standard User professor973
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 03-Aug-15 19:55:02
Print Post

Re: Pluse8 Broadband ...again....

Despite some knocking Pulse8 as if it was their fault, the fibre to fibre migration was a Talktalk specific problem, which as far as I am aware is claimed to be fixed. I think the grey area is that Pulse8 have been playing it safe with a switch to ADSL first, though they have stated they will now try again as it is claimed fixed by TT. Either a hiccup, or ADSL for a while would not keep my from an ISP I decided upon the best for my needs - In my case, good customer service, no contract tie-in and decent price are my order of priorities. Can't wait to get back to our Pulse8 property and away from EE ADSL. P8 BQM still looking good.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Mon 03-Aug-15 20:17:42
Print Post

[re: professor973] [link to this post]

Still not in yer ruddy sig though kiddo. I'm too lazy to have bookmarked whatever post it was you included it. wink

The indispensable man or woman passes from the scene, and what happens next is more or less the same thing as was happening before.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync 57676/14040kbps @ 600m. - BQM
Standard User AdrianPH
(learned) Mon 03-Aug-15 20:18:19
Print Post

The Win 10 downloads to personal and busines machines is having a big impact on the net.

All those businesses turning on systems ona Monday and getting updates that size is a big load.

It is happeneing here and other countries, Akamai server activity has been intense.
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 03-Aug-15 20:21:51
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Emails to the top bod work and get an almost instant reply at this time of day. being worked on.
"We’ve got a couple of Simultaneous Provides going through as we speak but ONLY for customers who are NON TTB or SKY i.e. PlusNet / BT FTTC to our FTTC (TTB Based Fibre service is fine).

Just need to test and make sure it works as expected before telling the world that’s all J

All the best & watch this space.

Adam

"
So the OP should be OK.

Edited by professor973 (Mon 03-Aug-15 20:28:11)

(fountain of knowledge) Mon 03-Aug-15 20:25:02
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Will put it back Bob - Tend to pull it when my service is a target ... All quiet now - Busy deleting five years of Facebook timeline, including the hidden tracking pages most don't see.

Standard User Ignitionnet
(knowledge is power) Mon 03-Aug-15 22:02:25
Print Post

[re: professor973] [link to this post]

This has my attention.
Standard User Spud2003
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 03-Aug-15 23:16:58
Print Post

[re: Ignitionnet] [link to this post]

Any particular reason why? Are you unhappy with Plusnet?
Standard User Ignitionnet
(knowledge is power) Mon 03-Aug-15 23:32:24
Print Post

[re: Spud2003] [link to this post]

There are some odd issues with the service that I've never seen with any other operator. Things like Facebook not opening pages fully or even at all sometimes, WhatsApp being intermittent.

I don't have faith in Plusnet's network. We joined because they were inexpensive and local, and moved to fibre as we were under contract with them. We are no longer under contract and are not content.

The kicker was when my wife began to notice issues. I don't obsessively monitor the service but had noticed the odd issue, she began to notice issues in a couple of ways.

Under normal circumstances I would put this down to my own equipment, however as Plusnet shove every packet through a layer 7 DPI device configured both to monitor traffic and enforce policies their involvement is difficult to disprove.

I think it's time to get back to bare bones access rather than an ISP that wants to manage the entire Internet for me, and does so in co-operation with a wholesaler whose network is buckling under load having had ridiculously optimistic capacity planning estimates for demand.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to