General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 10-Aug-15 14:25:44
Print Post

New feature on availability checker

[link to this post]

Our availability checker will let you now flip between the current coverage and a history chart.

http://labs.thinkbroadband.com/local/?area=wal

The new line chart is to help people see if areas are improving (line climbing up) or have largely stagnated (flat or maybe even going down as new build premises are added each quarter).

History plot for http://labs.thinkbroadband.com/local/?area=W06000003... Conwy area of Wales shows what is happening in some area.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Mon 10-Aug-15 15:39:34
Print Post

Re: New feature on availability checker

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

I never understand this. Too complicated!

My area say March 2015 was fibre as of 91.9% but now drop to 90.8% for August 2015? Does it mean customer left FTTC?

Edited by adslmax (Mon 10-Aug-15 15:43:28)

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 10-Aug-15 16:29:17
Print Post

[re: adslmax] [link to this post]

As per the growing foot notes "Historical plots show how coverage is changing over time and may go down sometimes as new build premises are integrated into the checker."

Another possibility is if there is Virgin Media coverage we continue to nuance that, i.e. verify the estimated coverage so sometimes goes and sometimes goes down a little e.g. two blocks of flats may be surrounded by VM cable and presumed to be covered, but someone mentions it so we mark those flats as not VM capable, which if no FTTC available can impact the overall result.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User derekdel
(regular) Mon 10-Aug-15 17:10:03
Print Post

It is showing in my area there is no fibre available, there is though..

ZeN Line 1 BQM
ZeN Line 2 BQM
BT Backhaul sucks
Standard User MCM
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 10-Aug-15 18:29:36
Print Post

SW9 6UN and SW9 6UW state:
Hyperoptic Gigabit broadband is available or on its way to this postcode.
This is incorrect. We did have discussions with Hyperoptic over a couple of years but chose not to proceed for a number of reasons including cost, lack of choice of ISP and some property owners objecting to what they considered unsightly external Ethernet cables to each property. Instead we have contracted with BT to provide an FTTC cabinet (WRVAUX 54) which should hopefully be installed by the end of the year or early next year.

Edited by MCM (Mon 10-Aug-15 18:30:00)

Print Thread

Jump to