General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User dtanglesey
(newbie) Thu 13-Aug-15 12:18:31
Print Post

OpenReach Madness on Gwalchmai Exchange

[link to this post]

Hi Guys,
Newbie here and I hope someone can help with the bizarre issue I am having with my internet. I am currently with IDNET on (adsl max 7-8 meg) and I am trying to get faster speed but for some strange reason I am told that my exchange is not yet enabled and there is no date showing as to when it will be enabled.

The Gwalchmai exchange it has been enabled for some time now and other houses connected to the same cab as me and much further away from the exchange are getting FTTC connection. I have also had an engineer out and he was scratching his head as to why they said I could not have FTTC.

I have spoken to my provider (IDNET) and BT and both say the exchange itís not enabled yet!! As far as I know Gwalchmai has two cabís cab-1 & cab-2 and both are fibre enabled.

My next door neighbour (less than ten meters away from my house) is connected to same cabinet as me (cab 2) and he gets 30meg download and 6meg upload so I see no reason as to why I am not able to get similar.

This is what i get when i type my phone number
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v292/triadafillou/...[/IMG]

This is what i get when i type next doors phone number!!
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v292/triadafillou/...[/IMG]

Total Madness!!

I hope someone can give me some info; any help would be greatly received.

Its all Greek to me!!!

Edited by dtanglesey (Thu 13-Aug-15 12:32:17)

Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Thu 13-Aug-15 12:32:55
Print Post

Re: OpenReach Madness on Gwalchmai Exchange

[re: dtanglesey] [link to this post]

Cabs 1, 2, and 5 are FTTC enabled. The others aren't.
Standard User dtanglesey
(newbie) Thu 13-Aug-15 12:37:41
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by BatBoy:
Cabs 1, 2, and 5 are FTTC enabled. The others aren't.

Yes i agree with you. I am served by cab 2 and so is my next door neighbour! he gets FTTC but i dont. (See photos on my original post)

Its all Greek to me!!!

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 13-Aug-15 12:43:12
Print Post

Cab 2 may actually have been a new cabinet to handle some EO lines and there can be oddities in the checkers, some of these are real and some are just mistakes.

So if you want me to look into it and then pester Openreach for a fix if it does look wrong (ISP should be able to do the same) then need to email address and number to andrew@thinkbroadband.com

I presume the neighbour has actually has a FTTC based connection up and running, because sometimes the checker from BT does give wrong results and people cannot actually get what is said, so a small chance it is right for you and wrong for them.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User dtanglesey
(newbie) Thu 13-Aug-15 12:55:33
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
Cab 2 may actually have been a new cabinet to handle some EO lines and there can be oddities in the checkers, some of these are real and some are just mistakes.

So if you want me to look into it and then pester Openreach for a fix if it does look wrong (ISP should be able to do the same) then need to email address and number to andrew@thinkbroadband.com

I presume the neighbour has actually has a FTTC based connection up and running, because sometimes the checker from BT does give wrong results and people cannot actually get what is said, so a small chance it is right for you and wrong for them.

Hi,
Thanks for your quick response, I have already talked to IDNet and they have passed all the information Iíve given them to BT wholesale I am hoping I will get something back from them soon.
My next door neighbour had FTTC for about six months plus other houses around my area are already getting FTTC.

Its all Greek to me!!!
Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Fri 14-Aug-15 00:22:33
Print Post

It's happen to my area. My property got FTTC to cabinet 8, next door neighbour of mine got no FTTC available as he was the same cabinet 8 as mine, so he have complaint to his isp and then the isp passed this information to BT Wholesale and a few week later BT Wholesale made a mistake and apology and updated FTTC available within a few days later.

Edited by adslmax (Fri 14-Aug-15 00:23:17)

Standard User dtanglesey
(newbie) Fri 14-Aug-15 00:28:30
Print Post

[re: adslmax] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by adslmax:
It's happen to my area. My property got FTTC to cabinet 8, next door neighbour of mine got no FTTC available as he was the same cabinet 8 as mine, so he have complaint to his isp and then the isp passed this information to BT Wholesale and a few week later BT Wholesale made a mistake and apology and updated FTTC available within a few days later.

Thanks for your comment I hope the same thing happens to my line and it gets updated.

Dimitris

Its all Greek to me!!!
Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Fri 14-Aug-15 00:34:40
Print Post

In reply to a post by dtanglesey:
Thanks for your comment I hope the same thing happens to my line and it gets updated.

Dimitris

No problem. I am pretty confident that BTW will updated your property to have FTTC available because if your neighbour is the same cabinet as you. U're should get the same service for Fibre as well. I think IDNet founder Simon, will get back to BTW for u.
Standard User dtanglesey
(newbie) Fri 14-Aug-15 00:54:44
Print Post

[re: adslmax] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by adslmax:
In reply to a post by dtanglesey:

Dimitris

No problem. I am pretty confident that BTW will updated your property to have FTTC available because if your neighbour is the same cabinet as you. U're should get the same service for Fibre as well. I think IDNet founder Simon, will get back to BTW for u.

Totally agree with you. I have been with IDNet for few years now and i am very happy with their service and support.

Andrew very kindly offered to help by speaking to BTW (i may still need your help Andrew if IDNet cannot solve it) lol!!

I will post what ever the outcome is when i hear from my ISP.

Regards
Dimitris

Its all Greek to me!!!
Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Fri 14-Aug-15 01:05:09
Print Post

Yeah, I used to be customer with IDNet before when I was on ADSL (up to 8Mbps) as it was great service but too expensive as I left IDNet to join Entanet.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to