General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User pelekophoros
(newbie) Tue 18-Aug-15 15:20:47
Print Post

Timescales for FTTC

[link to this post]

Hello there

I'm just wondering if anyone can help. Our exchange - Uttoxeter - was upgraded a good long while ago now, and a lot of work went on to put fibre all the way down the main road I live on, across country lanes and out to more remote exchanges too in order to get FTTC to them.

However, the cabinet the fibre went straight past - number 6 - was ignored, despite having a go live date of May 2014. That dropped back to December 2014 and is now simply "Under review".

Try as I might, I can't find any indication as to when it may or may not be upgraded. I've reviewed planning portals and planned roadworks but with no results. I've even tried to contact Openreach via a number of channels but gotten nowhere.

Is there any way to shed any light on the plans around it at all?

Many thanks

Pele
Standard User Toonshorty
(regular) Tue 18-Aug-15 15:27:25
Print Post

Re: Timescales for FTTC

[re: pelekophoros] [link to this post]

If it's under review then I imagine the cost of connecting power is delaying the cabinet somewhat.
(newbie) Tue 18-Aug-15 21:01:38
Print Post

[re: Toonshorty] [link to this post]

I guess that makes sense, but why have they earmarked two dates for go live and then switched back to under review?

There have been some major power works recently at the other end of the road (400-800 yards away) but nowhere near the cabinet itself. It's the lack of actual clarity on what the issue is that's the most frustrating.I remember ADSL first getting rolled out, with sign up targets and the like - it at least gave local communities something to aim to.

This absolute void of anything other than "under review" - when it clearly isn't as nothing seems to happen - is just rubbish.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User CHBMB
(learned) Wed 19-Aug-15 00:24:58
Print Post

[re: pelekophoros] [link to this post]

Here's what is says on codelook..

What is a bit worrying is there's no indication of a plan..

Having a look on superfaststaffs no mention of P6 only P22

Might be worth tweeting superfaststaffs, I got a bit of information from them, although I had to be somewhat persistent...
Standard User dtinstaffs
(newbie) Wed 19-Aug-15 17:10:51
Print Post

[re: CHBMB] [link to this post]

I am connected to the same Cabinet 6 Uttoxeter and took this up with Superfast Staffordshire a while ago (around the turn of the year).
Was informed that the cabinet does not fall within the Superfast Staffs area/criteria and that it is in a commercial location. Therefore, up to BT to decide if/when the cabinet is upgraded to FTTC. Somehow, I doubt it will!
Standard User CHBMB
(learned) Wed 19-Aug-15 18:28:38
Print Post

[re: dtinstaffs] [link to this post]

Oh, that's bad luck, I've read in a few places that if you're in a "Commercial" area then it's somewhat problematic to say the least.

I did think it was odd on codelook that there was no apparent plan for FTTC, I guess this would be the reason why.
(newbie) Thu 20-Aug-15 11:02:54
Print Post

[re: CHBMB] [link to this post]

Yeah, just had the same response on Twitter from Superfaststaffs.

Back into the blackhole it goes. Apparently Cabinet 9 is down as March 2017, so looks like broader rollout in the town is a long, long way off yet.
  Print Thread

Jump to