General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User dchbrown
(newbie) Tue 25-Aug-15 09:26:54
Print Post

Fibre Install Problems

[link to this post]

Hi all

Im hoping that some of you might be able to help me with the situation i am currently in with Plus.net.

I am currently on day 15 of no broadband after a "mistaken disconnection" by Plus.net. At the time I was actually with BT but an incorrectly cancelled transfer of service saw me disconnected on 10th August. It looks like my line was taken over by Plus.net but there was no account there to receive it, due to the transfer having been cancelled.

Having gotten a less than stellar response to the problem from BT I decided that as the line was already with Plus.net going with them for service would get it back working quickest. Having placed the order for phone and fibre broadband on 10th August and given an install date of 24th August. I thought nothing more about it.

I decided to see if I could get an earlier or cancelled install date and their response to this question led me to find another support ticket on my account. This one had a series of internal notes with comments about there being an issue with my order. A phone call later and the solution they came up with was to cease my existing line and start again.

So my line ceased on the 17th August, and the phone became active again on the 19th. The problem is that my line isn’t showing as being able to support a fibre connection on DSLChecker:
http://i61.tinypic.com/2qn1oht.png

This connection had service before so I know what it should say, and this is shown if you do an address search:
http://i58.tinypic.com/vrslrk.png

This had led Plus.net to incorrectly order, and then cancel, ADSL because that was all the line could allegedly support. The latest is that they are blaming BT for not “updating the tags” and that this is an industry wide problem?

Im just hoping that there is a kind soul on here that can help me get to the bottom of what is going on with my line!

Thanks.

Edited by dchbrown (Tue 25-Aug-15 09:41:02)

Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 25-Aug-15 10:36:06
Print Post

Re: Fibre Install Problems

[re: dchbrown] [link to this post]

If anywhere, a might get one of the PN reps to notice if you post again here

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 25-Aug-15 10:55:58
Print Post

[re: dchbrown] [link to this post]

The tag behaviour will have arisen because the databases reflecting numbers shifting around/ceasing are not updated immediately and PlusNet should have known this, i.e. rather than computer says no a person should have been able to check the address like you have and push things through. Particularly as the problem arises from a migration incorrectly placed.

For a line and broadband to be taken over, the details are submitted and you should have received a letter from your old provider, if that never happened then multiple systems may have failed you.

You need to push for the issue to be taken on board by one person rather than keep going through the support system and possibly even for an expedited install to be done to compensate for the problems that have arisen.

Warning: Going to plusnet may have seemed the simplest course, but would have warned about the problems that have occurred as these mistakes usually take a while to unravel.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User dchbrown
(newbie) Tue 25-Aug-15 11:46:13
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

I have just gotten off the phone with Plus.net, it would appear that they had created a new account for me when i signed up again on the 10th and that the new fibre order was placed on this old account BUT the phone line had been ceased and reconnected on to the original transfer account!

A little bit of account movement and I now have a fibre order in the system and DSLChecker is showing what i would expect.

I did request an Expedited install but was told that because my account was already with there complaints team there was nothing they could do for me.

2nd September is when it should all be working again!
  Print Thread

Jump to