General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Connor_F
(newbie) Tue 25-Aug-15 22:36:50
Print Post

Fibre enabled cabinet

[link to this post]

Below is a link to our cabinet (sorry if you can't see it properly I will get a better photo tomorrow sometime) I think it's a ECI 128 model and was wondering since for fibre you a served by cabinets and standard broadband you are served by your exchange so if there isn't a "Fibre broadband is here" sticker does that mean that cabinet it still fibre enabled?

http://postimg.org/image/7wf4qkavl/
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Tue 25-Aug-15 22:48:35
Print Post

Re: Fibre enabled cabinet

[re: Connor_F] [link to this post]

The exposure is so awful that it is impossible to see the detail of the cabinet door, to determine what it is.

All you need to do to find out if you can get fibre and what speed is to put your address into the Address option of this checker.

As your thinkbroadband profile says you are on Sky the phone number option won't work, and the Postcode option is worse than useless in most cases.

If you want any help, please copy and paste the line above the table, (with your address removed), and the contents of the table.

Stickies on cabinets I believe just depend on random engineers putting them there or not on FTTC cabinets.

The indispensable man or woman passes from the scene, and what happens next is more or less the same thing as was happening before.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 57970/13958kbps @ 600m. - BQM
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 25-Aug-15 23:11:47
Print Post

Stickers are optional and in some areas they don't put them on.

As suggested an address check will reveal if the cabinet is live irrespective of any stickers

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Connor_F
(newbie) Tue 25-Aug-15 23:17:27
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Here's the checker results
http://postimg.org/image/7exq49j2r/
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Tue 25-Aug-15 23:24:39
Print Post

Assuming you used your address, then you should get a very high speed on FTTC from any ISP you wish.

Good luck, and let us know what you do/get. smile

The indispensable man or woman passes from the scene, and what happens next is more or less the same thing as was happening before.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 57970/13958kbps @ 600m. - BQM
Standard User Connor_F
(newbie) Tue 25-Aug-15 23:30:22
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Ok, ordering tomorrow
Standard User Connor_F
(newbie) Wed 26-Aug-15 18:47:32
Print Post

Here's the better photo of the cabinet

http://postimg.org/image/6hk1ebbnn/

Also our broadband should be activated by the 28th
Standard User digitalis
(newbie) Wed 26-Aug-15 19:11:19
Print Post

'tis a sexy ECI
Standard User Connor_F
(newbie) Wed 26-Aug-15 21:56:18
Print Post

[re: digitalis] [link to this post]

Yep 😂
Standard User Connor_F
(newbie) Sun 30-Aug-15 18:51:00
Print Post

Hi, our broadband has been active for 2 days now, I know it can take up to 10 days for the line to settle but I will just tell you now. After it activated I done a speedtest on speedtest.net and we got 36.87mbps down and around 10-12mbps up (wired) and wireless was a few figures lower, just incase you didn't know we have the BT Infinity 1 package with the home hub 5.
  Print Thread

Jump to