General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User pleyland1
(newbie) Wed 26-Aug-15 09:40:25
Print Post

Newton-le-Willows LVNLW Cab 2

[link to this post]

Is there a way of getting an update on when my cabinet will be enabled?

LVNLW Cab 2

The exchange was supposed to be enabled March 2014 and finally happened May this year. Since then my cab has been under review and all the dates I find are Apr 2014 - March 2015
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 26-Aug-15 10:12:42
Print Post

Re: Newton-le-Willows LVNLW Cab 2

[re: pleyland1] [link to this post]

Nothing from me

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User PaulKirby
(experienced) Wed 26-Aug-15 12:03:15
Print Post

[re: pleyland1] [link to this post]

Well it seems that the exchange was upgraded 28 March 2015.

The fibre upgrade for cabinet 2 seems to be under the commercial FTTC project that has no completion deadline date, where as BDUK project do, so in some cases the commercial upgrades get slowed down or delayed in favour of the BDUK projects.

Your cabinet will still most probably get upgraded, but no known date as far as I can see, I can see that it was down to be completed between 2013-2014 but since the exchange wasn't even upgraded back then it seems everything has been delayed.

As far as I can see there has been 4 cabinets that have been upgraded and they were completed between March and July this year and are all BDUK work.

I can see that cabinet 24 which is under the commercial FTTC project which was also scheduled for completion on 2013-2014 which is now planned for 30th September 2015 but these date can and have in the past been pushed back.

So at least BTOR are still working on commercial projects, granted at a slower rate than BDUK projects, but at least stuff is happening.

Have you tried emailing BTOR, since your cabinet is currently part of the commercial FTTC project, they should have more information.

So other than that its just a waiting game.

Paul

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User pleyland1
(newbie) Wed 26-Aug-15 13:34:14
Print Post

[re: PaulKirby] [link to this post]

Thanks Paul,

I tried emailing BTOR (nga.enquiries@openreach.co.uk) but I got a reply saying the address doesn't exist anymore.

Does anyone have the correct email address?
Standard User mcain7
(newbie) Wed 26-Aug-15 13:36:27
Print Post

[re: PaulKirby] [link to this post]

Mine is cabinet 31, part of the same scheme as yours by the looks of it...

https://www.telecom-tariffs.co.uk/codelook.htm

type "newton-le-willows" into the "Locality or Post Code to Lookup" textbox, select "lookup locality" button, then the "All Exchanges" link next to your area code, and finally the "All 47 Fibre Cabinets" link, it will show you the status for all the cabinets in Newton (maybe theres an easier way to get to that page?)

Doesnt look like theres any activity on there, no dates set...guess we just wait!
Standard User PaulKirby
(experienced) Wed 26-Aug-15 17:10:25
Print Post

[re: mcain7] [link to this post]

Yeah, seems like that the cabinets on that exchange hasn't long started to be upgraded, so it may take a while.

Paul
  Print Thread

Jump to