General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User monkeyscrittles
(newbie) Wed 26-Aug-15 11:41:54
Print Post

Exchange only migration plan

[link to this post]

Does anyone know of anyway of checking if there is a local plan to migrate people who are exchange only to cabinets?

If i check the dsl checker wholesale page it just says im on exchange, if i do the superfast where and when page it tells me - its planned but they are looking at ways of getting it to me.

Annoyingly Everyone on the road from 39 upwards all have a nice shiney new cab they are connected to and can get fttc.

Sadly I'm below 39 and it appears every address I try below 39 are all exchange only.
Just trying to see if i can work out if there is any plans that I can look into somehow to get some kind of ETA?
Postcode is DE551AF if anyone can shed any light on it?
Cheers.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 26-Aug-15 11:52:07
Print Post

Re: Exchange only migration plan

[re: monkeyscrittles] [link to this post]

Postcodes can be a mixture of EO and cabinet based and your postcode is one of those.

So the fact those on cabinet 21 now have FTTC is because that cab got its fibre twin, not that they were previously EO based and have gained a new cabinet.

In terms of ETA not aware of any plans, it will depend on what goals the Derbyshire BDUK project are working to and a bit of luck. The Derbyshire people are the ones to pester to ensure that your plight is recognised.

If you don't know where cab 21 is and has been for years it is at
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@53.0733428,-1.3922697...

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User monkeyscrittles
(newbie) Wed 26-Aug-15 12:41:41
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Cheers MR Safron,

Yeah Cabinet 21 is at the end of the road and I know theres a new cab there with its fibre twin. Had an actually really nice BT chap there the other week who I was chatting to who said he couldn't understand why the folks furthest away (who would get benefit from being connected to the cab) weren't connected!

I'll try and find someone at derby council that will talk to us as they have shut all their contact/twitter/facebook down for the digital derbyshire project so it's like pulling teeth!!

Thanks for having a look!
Cheers.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 26-Aug-15 12:52:20
Print Post

[re: monkeyscrittles] [link to this post]

Not good news - but there is no obligation on the project or Openreach to provide 100% coverage in any particular area.

A phase 2 contract has been signed, so they may just be quiet while figuring out what the plans are going to look like.

The problem for you is that while 95% superfast at some point in 2017 is a target, nothing to say you won't be in the 5% missing out. The horrible reality of any target that is not an absolute 100% figure.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
  Print Thread

Jump to