General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Mariory
(learned) Tue 01-Sep-15 14:38:57
Print Post

Cabinet 20 - Ponders End Exchange

[link to this post]

Hello there,

I'm looking for a reliable way to check when this cabinet will be enabled for FTTC. The exchange I know is already enabled. Does anyone know how I can check this information?

Regards
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 01-Sep-15 14:48:29
Print Post

Re: Cabinet 20 - Ponders End Exchange

[re: Mariory] [link to this post]

The only reliable one is when the checkers say you can actually order.

Think it was part of the commercial roll-out that may have had a place holder of June 2015, but that has vanished now, so probably under review, so at this time no-one can say for sure one way or another.

Virgin Media Project Lightning might help you - but exact copies of their plans are not available.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Mariory
(learned) Sat 26-Sep-15 14:03:48
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
The only reliable one is when the checkers say you can actually order.

Think it was part of the commercial roll-out that may have had a place holder of June 2015, but that has vanished now, so probably under review, so at this time no-one can say for sure one way or another.

Virgin Media Project Lightning might help you - but exact copies of their plans are not available.

Thanks for the reply MrSaffron. Is it odd that this site's broadband checker and Samknows are telling me that FTTC is available in my area and yet Openreach are still claiing my post code as 'Enabled Area' only.

Very frustrating that there is no way to get more information on this. Do you know if there is a public contact for openreach?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User mikejp
(member) Sat 26-Sep-15 14:31:08
Print Post

Have you tried your local council? They are supposed to 'know''.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sat 26-Sep-15 14:48:32
Print Post

SamKnows does not generally go down to the cab level, our checker at http://labs.thinkbroadband.com/local is down to postcode level, but we don't show specific cabinets because the checker covers lots of providers who do not use a cabinet architecture.

If you want an update/eta then email me Andrew@thinkbroadband.com on Monday and will pester the Openreach contacts for some information, need address and telephone number so they can check its the correct cabinet too.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Mariory
(learned) Sat 26-Sep-15 14:51:58
Print Post

[re: mikejp] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by mikejp:
Have you tried your local council? They are supposed to 'know''.

No didn't know I could ask them. Is there a specific department within the council or do I just ask as a general question via email etc?
Standard User Mariory
(learned) Sat 26-Sep-15 15:06:33
Print Post

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
SamKnows does not generally go down to the cab level, our checker at http://labs.thinkbroadband.com/local is down to postcode level, but we don't show specific cabinets because the checker covers lots of providers who do not use a cabinet architecture.

If you want an update/eta then email me Andrew@thinkbroadband.com on Monday and will pester the Openreach contacts for some information, need address and telephone number so they can check its the correct cabinet too.

Appreciate that MrSaffron. Will send out the details on Monday.
Standard User mikejp
(member) Sat 26-Sep-15 15:20:23
Print Post

Not sure which yours is, but there should be something about broadband on their site with a contact email - are you GLA?. There should be someone in there who knows what is going on with the BDUK scheme for 'private customers', although I cannot easily find it! If no luck, ask Enfield Council.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sat 26-Sep-15 15:53:37
Print Post

[re: mikejp] [link to this post]

London Boroughs don't have a BDUK scheme at this time. Plus as was at least at one point on the commercial roll-out even if a BDUK scheme in the area they may know nothing.

Some recent expansion in London areas has been announced, so hopefully cabinets previously on the plans will get picked up once more in that extra build.

Standard User mikejp
(member) Sat 26-Sep-15 16:08:58
Print Post

Sorry, Andrew - didn't understand para1 - does that mean there was no money allocation from Government to GLA then for 24Mb+?
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to