General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User mjl123
(regular) Tue 08-Sep-15 12:54:31
Print Post

BDUK Project status

[link to this post]

What's the best way to find out about the state of a BDUK project?

I'd like to know if Fastershire have signed the contract with BT to extend the rollout as part of the SEP (Superfast Extension Programme), which is Stage 3 of Fastershire's rollout:
Stage 3, subject to appetite and negotiation, will be an extension of the existing contract. This will only take place where it is economic to do so and further discussion is necessary to explore this option with BT

The most up-to-date information I can find about Fastershire Stage 3 is from the Hereford times:

Fastershire - Stage 3

The council has approved an approach for Stage 3.

This stage aims to assess the potential to extend the existing contract with BT where it is economic to do so.

Stage 3 does not need a separate procurement because it falls within the existing value of the contract.

Also, if contracted before the end of this month, this extension would be covered by existing State Aid cover via BDUK with the potential for BDUK State Aid cover to be extended for a year.

If not, the project will have to apply for its own State Aid cover .

I can't see anything on the Fastershire website relating to this, but I'd have thought this information should all be in the public domain? Does anyone know if they signed the contract in time (end of June), or if they had to apply for their own state aid cover?

I know the £3M Giggaclear Contract was funded out of the SEP budget, but It looks like the budget for the SEP is nearly £11M, so should leave enough to sign with BT?

What's the official data source for things like project budget / finding out of a contract has been signed or not? Or do you have to trawl through council meeting minutes / rely on Fastershire answering questions / Freedom of Information requests?
Standard User WWWombat
(knowledge is power) Tue 08-Sep-15 14:25:56
Print Post

Re: BDUK Project status

[re: mjl123] [link to this post]

This suggests that nothing has happened beyond the Gigaclear announcements:
http://www.superfast-openreach.co.uk/rural-broadband/
Standard User mjl123
(regular) Wed 09-Sep-15 16:33:45
Print Post

Re: BDUK Project status

[re: WWWombat] [link to this post]

Thanks for that, didn't think to look there. I guess that means delays on the SEP then for Fastershire.....

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to