General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User KevinM2
(regular) Thu 10-Sep-15 15:32:50
Print Post

Yelverton Cabinet 2 (WWYELV) Fibre details please...

[link to this post]

Hi,

I have been waiting for fibre for some time, and my information (very sketchy) tells me that some cabinets are fibre enable in my exchange, but my cabinet 2 is not...yet.

Can anyone please help and shed some light on any projected date for cabinet 2 to get fibre?

Many thanks smile
Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Thu 10-Sep-15 16:01:37
Print Post

Re: Yelverton Cabinet 2 (WWYELV) Fibre details please...

[re: KevinM2] [link to this post]

Fibre Cabinet Availability Phase Properties Passed Vendor Approx Post Code
Cabinet P1 FTTC Available from 23rd January 2014 Phase 10a 2013 350 ECI PL20 6AB
Cabinet P2 Fibre Planned 31-Mar-17 PL20 7LX
Cabinet P3 Fibre Planned 31-Mar-17 PL20 6BT
Cabinet P4 Fibre Planned 31-Mar-17 PL20 7NY
Cabinet P5 FTTC Available from 4th February 2014 Phase 10a 2013 382 ECI PL20 7RA
Cabinet P6 FTTC Planned (exchange ready 7th October 2014) Phase BDUK CDS 14b Huawei PL20 6PE
Cabinet P7 FTTC Available from 21st March 2014 Phase 10a 2013 264 ECI PL20 6LX
Cabinet P8 FTTC Planned (exchange ready 7th October 2014) Phase BDUK CDS 14b Huawei PL20 6JP
Cabinet P9 FTTC Planned (exchange ready 7th October 2014) Phase BDUK CDS 14b Huawei PL20 7SA
Cabinet P10 FTTC Available from 4th February 2014 Phase 10a 2013 193 ECI PL20 6AA
Cabinet P11 FTTC Planned (exchange ready 7th October 2014) Phase BDUK CDS 14b Huawei PL20 7QB
Cabinet P12 Fibre Not Available PL20 6BY
Cabinet P13 Fibre Not Available PL20 7SG
Cabinet P14 Fibre Not Available (exchange ready 7th October 2014) Phase BDUK CDS 15a Huawei
Exchange 1 Fibre Not Available PL20 6AT
Exchange 2 Fibre Not Available PL20 6AY
Exchange 3 Fibre Not Available PL20 6AX
Exchange 4 Fibre Not Available PL20 6BD
Exchange 5 Fibre Not Available PL20 6FE

Edited by adslmax (Thu 10-Sep-15 23:17:39)

Standard User KevinM2
(regular) Thu 10-Sep-15 16:22:01
Print Post

[re: adslmax] [link to this post]

Thanks for that info...although it doesn't look good for cabinet 2!!! frown

At least most of the other cabinets that are ready yet have a date...Cabinet 2 seems to be sat there all on it's own, with no real fibre outlook.

Is there a reason for this? Might cabinet 2 get re-assigned at a later date? or does it not look hopeful?

I'm guessing that there's no way to move cabinets, as I suspect that a particular cabinet serves a particular area, and so you are stuck with whichever cabinet you are on...

Thanks for the info though...at least I don't need to bother looking anymore! frown

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Thu 10-Sep-15 16:35:52
Print Post

No problem. Maybe Ribble or PaulKirby will know more about why is cabinet 2 not available.

@Ribble / @PaulKirby any information for him please.

Edited by adslmax (Thu 10-Sep-15 16:38:13)

Standard User PaulKirby
(experienced) Thu 10-Sep-15 19:53:46
Print Post

Well we are limited on what we can find, I can check how many addresses are on what cabinet and which of those can get what.

Sadly that exchange isn't on the leaked 2011 NGA Document, so I cannot see if it was part of the commercial rollout back then or if it was down for FTTC or FTTP, but by the looks like it was only upgraded to FTTC on 23rd January 2014 so if anything it won't be FTTP unless they upgrade it to that.

So my guesses is it wouldn't of been in that NGA list back then anyhow, but I may be wrong.

I have started my checks on all addresses on that exchange which has around 3.5K addresses to be checked so that would take several hours to complete.

I also cannot see that much information on many of those cabinets apart from some are under the Commercial FTTC Project which was down for completion for 2013 but was completed in the first quarter of 2014 and seems that there is also BDUK work for a few cabinets as well, seems that cabinet 6 part of BDUK is down as "Under Evaluation" stages along with a few others and are scheduled for Jan 2016 Jun 2016.

Now cabinet 2, this might be hard to find out due to its not down as either Commercial or BDUK Projects.
According to Connecting Devon and Somerset they say following for postcodes on cabinet 2:
According to our records your area is either currently, or planned to be, commercially covered by a private service provider.

As such we are not allowed to invest in your area under European Commission State Aid regulations. You are not part of our programme and will need to contact an internet service provider (ISP) to find out about the current status/plans for your area.
So that "could" either mean that its not on their to-do list at the moment, or its down as part of the Commercial FTTC Project.

Just because its not listed as planed doesn't mean its not to get fibre, ours says fibres not available yet we have all the FTTP hardware and are part of the Commercial FTTP Project which has also been confirmed by BT and BTOR via phone and emails.

Also most if not all the Commercial FTTx Projects are on hold/delayed for BDUK work, so you "may" still get fibre, just no date planned.

Please note I am only going by the info that I can find and could be wrong, so this is just a rough idea.

Anyway, like I said I will do my tests and leave it running over night and once completed I will post that stats of the exchange so we can get a rough guess on who's got what.

Hope that helps.

Paul
Standard User KevinM2
(regular) Thu 10-Sep-15 20:37:51
Print Post

[re: PaulKirby] [link to this post]

That's fantastically helpful, thanks Paul!

It is so much more complex than I initially thought it would be...either you could get fibre or you couldn't...How wrong I was!

Any further info you can glean would be brill...and I too saw that "private sector provider" message, but had no idea who it was referring to...if anyone!

Appreciate you putting the hours in...Many thanks,
Kevin
Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Thu 10-Sep-15 20:41:47
Print Post

Don't forget to thanks me too for putting my word with paul for you.

Also thanks to Paul for the information. smile

Edited by adslmax (Thu 10-Sep-15 20:42:23)

Standard User KevinM2
(regular) Thu 10-Sep-15 20:46:18
Print Post

Absolutely...thanks too...So sorry I didn't thank you personally! smile
Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Thu 10-Sep-15 20:49:06
Print Post

smile smile Hopefully you might offering FTTP instead!
Standard User KevinM2
(regular) Thu 10-Sep-15 20:51:53
Print Post

I'm not that lucky!

I currently have STTC installed (that's String to the Cabinet), running along at a whopping 2Mb...Anything would be an improvement!
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to