General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User fenlandbroadband
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 10-Sep-15 19:17:15
Print Post

Huntingdon 'free' ultrafast trial?

[link to this post]

(posted in the comments of the Huntingdon trial news article, but it may not be seen there as it was an older article)

A relative has received a letter and email from BT offering 6 months free Ultrafast in the Huntingdon trial area - does anyone know if this is really "free" and what happens at the end of the 6 months (are they charged the going rate for the ultrafast, or do they go back to their existing package - which includes some features not available on the currently sold ADSL2+ packages that they've currently got)

They're a bit hesitant to contact BT about it as at first they weren't convinced it was even legitimate (not being in to broadband news and not knowing about "ultrafast" or a "trial" even taking place, and not even on FTTC yet) and didn't want to just get signed up to something and then find out the bad news of a huge bill increase at a later date.

One of the messages (I think the email, not the letter) suggested that the existing connection would be left active, but I've not seen the letter/email to be 100% certain on what was said - only had them read to be over the phone to see if it was something I was aware of and could find out more about.

(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 10-Sep-15 19:19:15
Print Post

Re: Huntingdon 'free' ultrafast trial?

[re: fenlandbroadband] [link to this post]

p.s. Obviously I know there's the ultrafast trial taking place, since the news was announced earlier in the year about the g.fast trials in Huntingdon and Gosforth, so know that's happening - more want to query the "free" aspect and the end of the 6 months.

Thanks,

(staff) Thu 10-Sep-15 19:21:17
Print Post

Yes existing connection is left in place

After trial the trial connection may be removed

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User fenlandbroadband
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 10-Sep-15 19:25:25
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Thanks, Andrew. I'll pass on the info, and hopefully they'll go for the trial (can't wait to try it myself!)

(fountain of knowledge) Thu 10-Sep-15 19:26:33
Print Post

I suspect a new line would be provided for the purposes of the 'trial', and at the end either cease the trial connection or have the option of continuing to a retail service if that is available
Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Thu 10-Sep-15 19:45:54
Print Post

[re: Ribble] [link to this post]

@ ribble my client want to know what is going on with his fttc cabinet stood there for 2 years now and nothing is active. He getting fed up of waiting for go live. Any idea ribble?

Post code is DD4 8LL cabinet 36
Standard User kasg
(knowledge is power) Thu 10-Sep-15 20:13:45
Print Post

[re: adslmax] [link to this post]

What on earth has Dundee got to do with Huntingdon?

Kevin

plusnet Unlimited Fibre - sync approx 65000/20000 at 450m - BQM
Using OpenDNS
Domains and web hosting with TSOHOST
Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Thu 10-Sep-15 20:15:53
Print Post

[re: kasg] [link to this post]

I know I just only asking ribble polite for my client. Apology for posted on this thread.
  Print Thread

Jump to