General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Mon 14-Sep-15 19:57:58
Print Post

BT Wholesale Checker

[link to this post]

My client couldn't get any information as the site no longer work with address or post code. Only the telephone number but the problem is he is with sky llu and want to know his new house address when he moving there soon. But the url link http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/ADSLChecker.address
won't work with address database?

Edited by adslmax (Mon 14-Sep-15 20:00:57)

Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Mon 14-Sep-15 20:01:17
Print Post

Re: BT Wholesale Checker

[re: adslmax] [link to this post]

This doesn't work? http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/ADSLChecker.addres...
Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Mon 14-Sep-15 20:02:37
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

BT BROADBAND AVAILABILITY CHECKER

Welcome to the Broadband Availability checker. This will provide a provisional check of your ability to receive reliable Broadband services.
We are sorry but the checker is unavailable at the moment. Please try again later.

For the checker response to be valid you must enter an accurate address. Reliable Broadband services are subject to survey and availability. You will need a BT phone line to obtain service.

If you are unable to provide or match your address, please select the Telephone Number Checker or the Postcode Checker

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User georgelnx
(learned) Mon 14-Sep-15 20:52:51
Print Post

Just used link given by BatBoy and it worked for me. Just entered building number and postcode .

Might have been a glitch at BTW

Standard User PaulKirby
(experienced) Mon 14-Sep-15 23:12:20
Print Post

In reply to a post by adslmax:
My client couldn't get any information as the site no longer work with address or post code. Only the telephone number but the problem is he is with sky llu and want to know his new house address when he moving there soon. But the url link http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/ADSLChecker.address
won't work with address database?
BT and BTOR are or has upgraded their site.

I found that out last night when my app told me.

I think phone numbers still work.

*** update ***
Seems that all postcodes on my exchange says the following:
We are sorry but the checker is unavailable at the moment. Please try again later.
And I don't even get a chance to pick any address.

And BTOR Where and when page says the following for all postcodes on my exchange:
The postcode/number checker is currently experiencing technical difficulties. We are working to resolve these. Please check back later.
So its either they are updating stuff which I know they are by looking at the source of the BTW DSL Checker, or broken all postcodes on my exchange, or they are in the process of updating loads of postcodes on my exchange.

I am hoping for the 3rd reason tongue

Paul

Edited by PaulKirby (Mon 14-Sep-15 23:18:23)

Standard User MHC
(sensei) Tue 15-Sep-15 00:17:55
Print Post

[re: PaulKirby] [link to this post]

All three versions, number, address and postcode are working for me and the properties I am monitoring. What I have noticed is that after the address in the latter two there is a 9 or 12 digit number such as 15102nnnn or 100021nnnnnn. In the Address checker there is a new box UPRN and if that number is input there it returns details for the next property (possible a database alignment error). OR define teh UPRN as "Optional flag to return the non-postal addresses not known to Openreach"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M H C

taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
Standard User Ignitionnet
(knowledge is power) Tue 15-Sep-15 08:41:06
Print Post

Working fine with address, not working if just a postcode is entered into the address field to try and produce a property list.

Looks as though some details have been changed within the Openreach database, I note expected upstream performance has changed for my address.
Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Tue 15-Sep-15 08:49:55
Print Post

[re: Ignitionnet] [link to this post]

Ah yes, the building number or name has been made mandatory along with the postcode
Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Tue 15-Sep-15 09:06:11
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

The only working is full telephone number, post code with door number! (address with post code only will not work anymore)
Standard User MHC
(sensei) Tue 15-Sep-15 09:19:50
Print Post

[re: Ignitionnet] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Ignitionnet:
Working fine with address, not working if just a postcode is entered into the address field to try and produce a property list.

Still works fine for me for the postcodes I am monitoring, it returns the property list along with the UPRN. Tried a few others and that returns an error.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M H C

taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to