General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User crowie1969
(member) Tue 15-Sep-15 08:08:14
Print Post

Any info on Cab 14 on ESDAB

[link to this post]

I have been an EO line on exchange ESDAB for a number of years. Towards the end of February I saw a planning notice up on a pole at entrance to my estate mentioning a street cabinet being installed and also some additional underground work.

This all happened over a few days towards end of April. I even spoke to the engineer who was sitting in a little tent at the new cabinet for a couple of days seemingly, connecting up lines from the exchange across the road, and asked him if this was the EO lines now going via a cabinet. He said yes.. All work seemed to be completed but I don't seem to be any closer to Fibre.

I contacted the address on the planning notice and got the following about the cabinet in reply towards end of May.

The cabinet in question is a new variant which we call an ‘All In One’.

This means that instead of having a copper cabinet which would traditionally be partnered up with a new fibre cabinet (known as a DSLAM), the All In One cabinet houses both the copper terminations and the DSLAM technology. This type of cabinet is only presently deployed in certain circumstances depending upon the network layout. Generally, it means that Exchange Only lines will be turned into it. However, at this time I cannot confirm whether this deployment will serve your property as such deployment information is only released to Communications Providers as the cabinet approaches Customer Ready For Service.

I have been waiting since then but haven't been able find out any more info on whether I will be able to get Fibre at any point in the near future. I check the Superfast post code/address checker on a weekly basis and the only change on that was after the cabinet was installed it stopped showing my address as EO and now said it was EA (Exchange Enabled) but no further changes.

Anyone able to give me and more info??
Standard User Ribble
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 15-Sep-15 08:50:08
Print Post

Re: Any info on Cab 14 on ESDAB

[re: crowie1969] [link to this post]

The copper lines may have been moved over, but the cabinet isn't completed yet as there are outstanding connections reqd. No timescale .
Standard User crowie1969
(member) Tue 15-Sep-15 11:21:51
Print Post

Re: Any info on Cab 14 on ESDAB

[re: Ribble] [link to this post]

Thanks for the update.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to