General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Rnewbs
(newbie) Wed 16-Sep-15 09:24:57
Print Post

Cabinet 59 Buckshaw Village

[link to this post]

Hi guys, moving out soon and have managed to get a flat in Buckshaw Village which is served by the Leyland exchange. I'm an IT manager so out of hours access with some form of high speed internet is a must. I know there are fast wireless providers in the area but infinity was scheduled to be available at the address this month. Now it's disappeared off the checker.

Was wondering if anyone had any info on this? It says FTTP on demand is available but no FTTC (last week it said it would be available on the 7th October 2015). Any ideas what's going on?

Here are the details from BTs wholesale checker.

BT BROADBAND AVAILABILITY CHECKER
Address *********, BUCKSHAW VILLAGE, CHORLEY, PR7 7AT on Exchange LEYLAND is served by Cabinet 59

Featured Products

Availability Date
WBC ADSL 2+ Up to 2.5 -- 1 to 4 Available
ADSL Max Up to 2 -- 1 to 3.5 Available
WBC Fixed Rate 1 -- -- Available
Fixed Rate 1 -- -- Available
Other Offerings
FTTP on Demand 330 30 -- Available
Copper Multicast -- -- -- Available

FTTC is currently not available on this cabinet due to following reasons:- Sorry your cabinet is temporarily unavailable, capacity will be restored as soon as possible.

Kind Regards
Rob

Edited by Rnewbs (Wed 16-Sep-15 09:27:05)

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 16-Sep-15 09:56:22
Print Post

Re: Cabinet 59 Buckshaw Village

[re: Rnewbs] [link to this post]

Cabinet went live back in 2014 but looks like it is proving to be a popular cabinet, the date you probably saw previously was for addition of extra capacity at the cabinet and the checker does sometimes drop the FTTC lines while waiting for more accurate dates on the extra capacity.

In short it will be available again, but best to get your chosen broadband provider to chase up for you.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Rnewbs
(newbie) Wed 16-Sep-15 10:50:30
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
Cabinet went live back in 2014 but looks like it is proving to be a popular cabinet, the date you probably saw previously was for addition of extra capacity at the cabinet and the checker does sometimes drop the FTTC lines while waiting for more accurate dates on the extra capacity.

In short it will be available again, but best to get your chosen broadband provider to chase up for you.

I contacted BT about it but they said it wasn't available. I think i've seen somewhere there's an NGA email address for openreach. Can't find it now...would they have more information about dates?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 16-Sep-15 11:20:54
Print Post

Have delved into our speed test database and can find people on that cabinet who have FTTC speed test results

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/results.html...

Supporting the issue being a capacity one, rather than not available to anyone in the cabinet footprint. If no estimated date has resurfaced in a week or two then get in touch over email and will chase up, i.e. reluctant to chase until the systems have been given time to go through their update processes.

Presume the wireless provider would be Boundless who seem to be doing speeds like

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Fastman2
(committed) Wed 16-Sep-15 11:26:04
Print Post

additional capacity delivered in early September -- Cab now 100% Full which means going to need a new DSLAM
Standard User Rnewbs
(newbie) Wed 16-Sep-15 12:00:37
Print Post

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
Have delved into our speed test database and can find people on that cabinet who have FTTC speed test results

Supporting the issue being a capacity one, rather than not available to anyone in the cabinet footprint. If no estimated date has resurfaced in a week or two then get in touch over email and will chase up, i.e. reluctant to chase until the systems have been given time to go through their update processes.

Presume the wireless provider would be Boundless who seem to be doing speeds like

It's a rental property so ideally want to be drilling holes in the wall for boundless as a last resort. I'll keep checking thanks!
Standard User Rnewbs
(newbie) Wed 16-Sep-15 12:01:04
Print Post

[re: Fastman2] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Fastman2:
additional capacity delivered in early September -- Cab now 100% Full which means going to need a new DSLAM

I feared that might be the case.
Standard User Rnewbs
(newbie) Thu 17-Sep-15 09:07:19
Print Post

Update: Appears to have been pushed back by a week but it has appeared again in the checker. Fingers crossed it stays there!

Address ************, BUCKSHAW VILLAGE, CHORLEY, PR7 7AT on Exchange LEYLAND is served by Cabinet 59

Availability Date

High Low High Low

FTTC Range A (Clean) 80 70.5 20 20 -- 14-Oct-15
FTTC Range B (Impacted) 80 66.3 20 19 -- 14-Oct-15
WBC ADSL 2+ Up to 2.5 -- 1 to 4 Available
ADSL Max Up to 2 -- 1 to 3.5 Available
WBC Fixed Rate 1 -- -- Available
Fixed Rate 1 -- -- Available
Other Offerings
Fibre Multicast -- -- -- 14-Oct-15
Copper Multicast -- -- -- Available
Standard User Bgaz
(newbie) Fri 16-Oct-15 00:46:26
Print Post

Now gone to a mysterious "waiting list" status on the wholesale checker, but I can't order it.

Anyone know if this means it was available but now the new slots are fully booked?

If so, its a disgrace, Ive been trying to get on a waiting list for 16 months.
Standard User WWWombat
(knowledge is power) Fri 16-Oct-15 02:06:09
Print Post

[re: Bgaz] [link to this post]

BT wholesale have had a new feature in their roadmap known as "FTTC Waiters".

This feature allows an order to be placed, even if the FTTC cabinet has no capacity. The order sticks in a "pending" state until capacity becomes available, when it is allowed to progress. If it remains pending for 90 days, it gets cancelled.

As far as I could tell, this was only expected to happen in November. Perhaps they are a little early...
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to