General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User 8skellerns
(experienced) Thu 17-Sep-15 20:11:39
Print Post

Under Review to Enabled Area

[link to this post]

The BT where and when page changed from "Under Review" to "Enabled Area" a few weeks ago, however I get this message when entering the phone number 01827 880232

Exchange name: Twycross

Your area is enabled for Superfast Fibre but your cabinet is not ready yet so you can't place an order today. It is in our plans to be upgraded and we update this info weekly, so please check back later.

However, no cabinet has been stood and no works have started so whats going on here?

Thanks all!
Standard User CHBMB
(regular) Thu 17-Sep-15 20:16:38
Print Post

Re: Under Review to Enabled Area

[re: 8skellerns] [link to this post]

Looking on http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/ you're connected to Cabinet 2.

Codelook shows there are some EO lines on that exchange..

Is it possible you've been migrated from an EO line to a cabinet, perhaps sited outside the exchange?

My line has recently been moved from EO to a cabinet.

Just a thought.
Standard User 8skellerns
(experienced) Thu 17-Sep-15 20:49:41
Print Post

[re: CHBMB] [link to this post]

I recall I definitely am connected to Cabinet 2 (Seem to remember BT swapping my line over in that cab a few years ago due to noise on the line) I am 1.5 miles away from the cabinet by road, and cabinet 2 is also 1.5 miles away from the exchange in Twycross.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Storm_Force
(regular) Thu 17-Sep-15 21:07:42
Print Post

At that distance from the cabinet your fttc speed isn't going to be great
Standard User 8skellerns
(experienced) Fri 18-Sep-15 00:22:56
Print Post

[re: Storm_Force] [link to this post]

Seems it is the county council that is paying for my area to be superfast by the end of 2016. My village has approx 100 lines running to it, so if the speed is not above the superfast threshold of 24mb, could this indicate BT running fibre 1.5 miles from cabinet 2 and us having fttrn or fttdp? Cant see us getting fttp!!!
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 18-Sep-15 10:43:35
Print Post

And has the council confirmed it will be funding an upgrade for cabinet 2?

Current understanding of Twycross exchange (Leicestershire BDUK project) is cabs 4 and 6 will be enabled and 4 is already live.

No sign of cab in the plans. The enabled area term refers to parts of an exchange having access to FTTC or FTTP.

In short you are dependent on future plans by the county council, and at 1.5 miles from the main cluster of users you will be more expensive to provide so may come a long way down the priority list since you would represent less value for money.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User 8skellerns
(experienced) Fri 18-Sep-15 22:33:29
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Cab 6 Is a brand new cab situated outside the exchange. and any EO lines now run through it and the new Fibre twin, so no EO lines exist.
Standard User 8skellerns
(experienced) Fri 18-Sep-15 22:52:36
Print Post

Also can you have a look at this map?

http://blpc.atkinsgeospatial.com/Default.htm

Use postcode CV13 6NP to zoom in to my village. The cabinet is currently in Bilstone as shown on the map. The BT lines run right out of Bilstone, along the road and into Congerstone, approx 1/2 mile from cab, then up north a mile in a 100 pair armoured cable buried (not ducted) into Shackerstone.

Can you gather much from this info?
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 18-Sep-15 22:57:40
Print Post

Yes their map is useless have my own and the simple truth is this that at 1.5miles (around 2.2km) superfast from VDSL2 is impossible and depending on the quality of the cabling you may get nothing from VDSL2

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User 8skellerns
(experienced) Tue 22-Sep-15 20:15:01
Print Post

So what is my council upto? Installing false promises?
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to