General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User FredTheB
(member) Thu 24-Sep-15 21:36:17
Print Post

URGENT HELP! NOW PLEASE!

[link to this post]

So we have ordered for an engineer to visit to install our infinity on the 9th of October.

1. IM TOO SCARED THE SLOTS WILL BE USED UP IN THE CAB WHEN IT COMES TO THE INSTALLATION DAY
2. If i cancelled the order and ordered self install instead, would the engineer move the line over sooner than the 9th of October?
3. Since our line splits into two, would self install still be okay?

Thanks AND I NEED ANSWERS QUICK PLEASE!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fred The B

Connection = 2mbps
Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Thu 24-Sep-15 21:42:36
Print Post

Re: URGENT HELP! NOW PLEASE!

[re: FredTheB] [link to this post]

As you've ordered I think your port is now reserved. If you cancel you will lose it.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Thu 24-Sep-15 21:51:10
Print Post

Re: Urgent help please.

1) Stop being a drama queen smile. The slot has been allocated. Shouting is rude.

2) No. You would merely put the date back as (at best) you would go to the back of the queue for engineer time. At worst, cancelling would release the slot and you couldn't be sure you would get it again. So you could cause what is worrying you to happen.

3) If you mean you have an extension socket as well as a master socket, it depends how the extension is wired. If you remove the bottom front plate of the master socket, (assuming there is a split across the faceplate with a screw each side in the bottom part), does the extension stop working? Be careful how you remove it as there may be wires attached to the back of the bit you are removing.

The indispensable man or woman passes from the scene, and what happens next is more or less the same thing as was happening before.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 59999/14372kbps @ 600m. - BQM

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User FredTheB
(member) Thu 24-Sep-15 21:55:26
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

haha I used capitals to get attention dont worry!

Thanks, All i needed to know if the slot was reserved! We had been waiting nearly 3 years for fibre, and then just for the opportunity to get fibre is just blown away, would be a real blow.

I will not go into all the sockets, I will just let engineer do the work smile

Thank you!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fred The B

Connection = 2mbps
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Thu 24-Sep-15 21:59:28
Print Post

If you get an Openreach engineer you should be fine. If Kelly's or Quinn's how your wiring is now may matter, as they aren't likely to check and fix.

The indispensable man or woman passes from the scene, and what happens next is more or less the same thing as was happening before.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Standard User FredTheB
(member) Thu 24-Sep-15 22:09:23
Print Post

Yes, hopefully Openreach. We have another cab down the road which was upgraded a couple of weeks ago, so far it seems just openreach have been at the cabs for installations, so maybe i might have a bit of luck!

Fred The B

Connection = 2mbps
Standard User David_W
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 24-Sep-15 23:18:25
Print Post

In reply to a post by FredTheB:
Yes, hopefully Openreach. We have another cab down the road which was upgraded a couple of weeks ago, so far it seems just openreach have been at the cabs for installations, so maybe i might have a bit of luck!

As I think has been said to you before, an individual engineer will work over a much wider area than a few cabinets on one exchange.

Standard User kasg
(knowledge is power) Fri 25-Sep-15 11:05:55
Print Post

In reply to a post by FredTheB:
haha I used capitals to get attention dont worry!

Well don't. It is very, VERY annoying and considered rude.

Kevin

plusnet Unlimited Fibre - sync approx 65000/20000 at 450m - BQM
Using OpenDNS
Domains and web hosting with TSOHOST
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 25-Sep-15 12:42:42
Print Post

[re: kasg] [link to this post]

And doesn't grab attention any more than any other new thread post does. More likely to put people off really.

Standard User mlmclaren
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 25-Sep-15 13:04:17
Print Post

OH WELL

The OP was clearly showing some stress which would of been brought on by many posts on here of horror stories... and from following the posts from FredTheB they have been waiting a very long time for fibre and also suffered with poor speeds too...

and from the profile information it seems like they might rely on a decent internet too.

But I suppose lengthening a thread with posts about someone using CAPS is important I suppose!

specially when they could of aCCIDENTLY hit the caps lock when typing a bit too fast and didn't realise till the end of the post.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to