General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User mlmclaren
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 26-Sep-15 15:46:36
Print Post

Anyone got access to DSLAM stats?

[link to this post]

As per title, I think my DSLAM (Huawei 288) might be getting very busy and wondering if anyone has any powers to look at the utilisation levels or how many connections there is on it...

I know it serves around 315 premises but wondering how many lines are actually in sync.

Would also be interesting to know how many of the 6 line cards are installed or in use... I know there was a generic contractor there a while ago doing some work under a tent which I'm assuming was capacity upgrades, just wondering if more capacity is require or if its maxed out now.

From a quick dabble on a calculator I have worked out that if 288 line where going fro it at the same time the over 6 Gigabit line cards no one should get less than 20Mbps (all being level)

6000/ 288= 20.833333...

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sat 26-Sep-15 17:20:40
Print Post

Re: Anyone got access to DSLAM stats?

[re: mlmclaren] [link to this post]

The people that can may have more chance if you tell them the postcode and cabinet number wink.

The indispensable man or woman passes from the scene, and what happens next is more or less the same thing as was happening before.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 59999/14372kbps @ 600m. - BQM
Standard User mlmclaren
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 26-Sep-15 17:40:19
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Oh yeah ... Oops

SDCRWLY 70

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Ignitionnet
(knowledge is power) Sat 26-Sep-15 18:25:24
Print Post

Just FYI the big Huawei has 2 slots for upstream interface boards and 4 x 1Gb ports on each board. Openreach guarantee 30Mb per 80Mb port.

EDIT: Forgot, it also has 4 x 1Gb ports on the control board as well.

Regardless 20Mb/s per user is about 20 times what is required so it's all good.

I only know of one person on here that may be able to advise on how many ports are in use, however I can tell you that exactly zero cabinets in the country at last check had any backhaul capacity issues.

If the cabinet has never gone unavailable it's probably not all that busy.

Edit: Crawley 70 went into service on 2nd March 2011, and at that time was believed to serve 305 premises. That number should be taken with a pinch of salt as it's a snapshot from a while ago.

Edited by Ignitionnet (Sat 26-Sep-15 18:42:49)

Standard User mlmclaren
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 27-Sep-15 00:04:37
Print Post

[re: Ignitionnet] [link to this post]

Ok, cheers for the info, I would be interested in how many ports are filled now if this person happens to pass by.

In reply to a post by Ignitionnet:
Edit: Crawley 70 went into service on 2nd March 2011, and at that time was believed to serve 305 premises. That number should be taken with a pinch of salt as it's a snapshot from a while ago.

I know been going a fair while thats for sure, take up on it has been very slow though... when I was connected in Feb/Mar I was 67th "I think" but since then I think many have absconded from Virgin (which used to be very popular locally) due to issues we've discussed before.

Word from the Openreach engineer who sorted BB was that locally to me 41 was most popular and catered for most lines, even addresses within very close proximity to 70 are said be served by 41, having a look it said to serve around 560 premises but I believe theres some new builds up the road from that one too so maybe closer too 600 now.

Also, I've been wondering if during periods where crosstalk might be heavy could it cause intermittent speed reductions without reducing sync/SNR, specially if the line in question is fast path and has no error protection/correction in place..

xdslcmd: ADSL driver and PHY status
Retrain Reason: 0
Last initialization procedure status: 0
Max: Upstream rate = 22295 Kbps, Downstream rate = 60216 Kbps
Bearer: 0, Upstream rate = 19999 Kbps, Downstream rate = 59991 Kbps

Link Power State: L0
Mode: VDSL2 Annex B
VDSL2 Profile: Profile 17a
TPS-TC: PTM Mode(0x0)
Trellis: U:ON /D:ON
Line Status: No Defect
Training Status: Showtime
Down Up
SNR (dB): 6.3 7.2
Attn(dB): 16.6 0.0
Pwr(dBm): 13.6 7.3
VDSL2 framing
Bearer 0
MSGc: 18 26
B: 239 237
M: 1 1
T: 64 42
R: 0 16
S: 0.1273 0.3781
L: 15080 5374
D: 1 1
I: 240 127
N: 240 254
Counters
Bearer 0
OHF: 183475288 1544144
OHFErr: 839 354
RS: 0 602217
RSCorr: 0 109
RSUnCorr: 0 0

Bearer 0
HEC: 6710 0
OCD: 405 0
LCD: 405 0
Total Cells: 316193015 0
Data Cells: 1034134134 0
Drop Cells: 0
Bit Errors: 0 0

ES: 726 341
SES: 0 0
UAS: 23 23
AS: 375228

Bearer 0
INP: 0.00 0.00
INPRein: 0.00 0.00
delay: 0 0
PER: 2.04 3.98
OR: 93.88 64.22
AgR: 60085.29 20063.54

Bitswap: 56459/56459 14040/14040

I'm pretty sure I might have a [censored] length of aluminium slowing my connection down too, currently my connection is "just" hanging onto the low end of my BT Wholesale estimate, I don't think it will take long before it drops below, though getting anything done about it could be interesting.

(knowledge is power) Sun 27-Sep-15 02:31:09
Print Post

Crosstalk doesn't really come and go unless a bunch of people are turning modems off at times. For noise, be it crosstalk or something else, to slow download performance there would need to be a degree of packet loss. This would likely show as reduced SNR and error counters incrementing.

As of June this year from what I can tell your cabinet was still on its 2nd 48 port card. Hopefully someone with more up to date information will be by smile
Standard User mlmclaren
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 27-Sep-15 11:08:56
Print Post

Hmm, OK cheers again for the info..

I've not been noticing any packet loss, so maybe just busy backhaul..

I think its fair to say that now there 3 of these line cards now, it was around July that I saw contractors working at the DSLAM..

what would be the total available bandwidth per card then?

(knowledge is power) Sun 27-Sep-15 13:22:19
Print Post

In reply to a post by mlmclaren:

Openreach guarantee 30Mb per up to 80Mb customer, 15Mb per 80Mb customer, and bandwidth is made available to hit that target.. There's no availability per card, all bandwidth is spread across all cards.

Regardless what they provision is more than enough; the heaviest usage recorded by an ISP in the UK is around 1Mb/s per customer peak, and there are no cabinets with any congestion on their backhaul.

Openreach publish regular lists of the busiest cabinets in the country and indicate that precisely zero frames are dropped on any.
Standard User mlmclaren
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 27-Sep-15 15:11:25
Print Post

In reply to a post by Ignitionnet:
In reply to a post by mlmclaren:

Openreach guarantee 30Mb per up to 80Mb customer, 15Mb per 80Mb customer

Erm, which one is it?

So I was wrong to think the cards actually supply capacity from the E side and its actually that the cards allow for more lines to be connected, that being said what is the total backhaul availability or capabilities if you know?

If there where any capacity issues, would they be on the equipment in the exchange and which equipment, would it be the equipment serving the DSLAMs or the backhaul; for each individual CP?

Standard User EddyTheDog
(learned) Sun 27-Sep-15 17:15:41
Print Post

I took it as a typo to mean 30Mbps for the 80Mbps lines, and 15Mbps for the 40Mbps lines
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to