General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Ichneumon
(learned) Sun 27-Sep-15 20:50:27
Print Post

adsl -> fibre migration imminent, likely offline period?

[link to this post]

I guess this may be one of those 'how long is a piece of string' questions, but I was just wondering if it's possible to predict anything about when our migration changeover will happen?

We have Plusnet ADSL currently, BT Infinity is expected to go live tomorrow, along with transfer of the phone line. Everything looks to be on schedule, we haven't been told our phone number will change so I assume it will be the same. The BT Home Hub 5 came through the post and it's working fine as far as I can tell, so fingers crossed that nothing will go awry!

I'm just left wondering if the changeover will definitely be a working hours job? will an engineer have to visit the cabinet or could the switch be flipped remotely at any time of day or night?

Thanks smile
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sun 27-Sep-15 21:01:49
Print Post

Re: adsl -> fibre migration imminent, likely offline period?

[re: Ichneumon] [link to this post]

As on ADSL now, then an engineer will need to visit the cabinet, so usually 30 to 45 minutes with no connection.

Plusnet sometimes do switch off accounts a bit early, so if you lose access early it is Plusnet just turning you off at their end.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Ichneumon
(learned) Sun 27-Sep-15 21:08:50
Print Post

Re: adsl -> fibre migration imminent, likely offline period?

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Thanks, I pretty much expected Plusnet to disable our connection as soon as they are able, seems to be the way with them these days. Managed to grab backups of all our email archives without any problems (used Thunderbird with IMAP) so we're prepared for access to end any time after midnight.

Edited by Ichneumon (Sun 27-Sep-15 21:14:00)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to