General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User solchain
(newbie) Tue 29-Sep-15 13:08:13
Print Post

Cab50 in Taunton Somerset..

[link to this post]

99% sure its this cab, but the cab had some work barriers around it late afternoon yesterday as I drove past, and someone had left the keys dangling out of the lock, hard to see because they were behind the barriers, no sign of any workers around at all and it was 5:15pm.

Emailed Openreach but not heard anything, I didn't touch them but wondered if someone had got hold of them could they do much damage? the odd thing was it looked as though it was attached to a larger set of keys so surprised they had been left.
Standard User PaulKirby
(experienced) Tue 29-Sep-15 14:20:15
Print Post

Re: Cab50 in Taunton Somerset..

[re: solchain] [link to this post]

Phone them up and pick option 1.
We want to know immediately if you think that any part of our network (outside the boundary of your property) has the potential to be a danger to the general public, if you notice that it has been damaged, or to report unsafe Openreach worksites. We'd like you to call us on the Damage Reporting Number, 0800 023 2023 (Option 1), if you spot any of the following so we can attend to it quickly:
  • Damaged underground cables (typically caused by mechanical diggers in built-up areas)
  • Loose cables or cables dangling from telephone poles
  • Damaged green cabinets and/or open doors on them
  • Graffiti on our external network (i.e. cabinets)
  • Damaged telephone poles (e.g. poles leaning at awkward angles, or poles that have been completely smashed to the ground)
  • Loose, cracked or missing manhole covers

The following options are also available on the 0800 023 2023 number:
  • Reporting External Damage (Option 1)
  • Reporting graffiti on our external network (i.e. cabinets), 0800 023 2023 (Option 1).
  • Streetworks Network Protection Control (Option 2)
    For Authorities wanting to report dangerous Section 81/140 defects or contractors wanting to report minor duct (less than 2 m length) damage
  • External Network Relocation (Option 3)
    For the Relocation or Removal or Openreach poles, cables, joint boxes or BT equipment
  • Wayleaves (Option 4)
    If you required advice in relation to Wayleaves. For more information visit www.openreach.co.uk/wayleaves.
  • Notice Handling (Option 5)
    For Notice Handling or our maps by email service for telephones cables
I would be shocked if they don't do anything due to I think those keys would fit all cabinets in that area or on that exchange.

Paul
Standard User APTMAN
(learned) Tue 29-Sep-15 14:30:24
Print Post

[re: PaulKirby] [link to this post]

Any idea if these calls get answered in this country now, a few years ago I tried to report some exposed cables and open manhole my call ended up in India and nothing was ever done it's still like it now, along a footpath in a local field.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User solchain
(newbie) Tue 29-Sep-15 14:34:44
Print Post

Thanks for that, didn't think of ringing - doh.

Anyway actually it was BT Security I spoke to, even though it was quite late to be told, it is handy for them to know apparently because then if there is any damage they know why.

Anyway reported and if everyone in Taunton loses internet we know why.
Standard User solchain
(newbie) Tue 29-Sep-15 14:36:50
Print Post

[re: APTMAN] [link to this post]

Yes it was answered by someone in this country, she was very confused as she thought I'd found someone else's keys on top of the cabinet, anyway once she clicked she gave me the number to BT Security.
Standard User PaulKirby
(experienced) Tue 29-Sep-15 14:42:02
Print Post

[re: APTMAN] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by APTMAN:
Any idea if these calls get answered in this country now, a few years ago I tried to report some exposed cables and open manhole my call ended up in India and nothing was ever done it's still like it now, along a footpath in a local field.
Yeah, they do, I reported several vandalized cabinets a few months back, and they did answer my call and was given several reference numbers for them, they also sounded grateful as well, its a shame they wasn't that grateful to finish off our FTTP install LOL.

Also to note if you are reporting multiple issues, you have to report them one at a time where your given a ref number for each, this however can be done via a single call.

My several reports took a while to complete due to I had to report the cabinets in question, what was wrong with them and where they were located, you would of thought they would know all this.

But yeah they do answer it, not that they do much about it, when I was last at my hospital appointment I took a look at some on the way back home and lo and behold there was a taped black bin bag around the opened/vandalized cabinets, loads of high-tech repairs LOL.

Paul
Standard User PaulKirby
(experienced) Tue 29-Sep-15 14:43:57
Print Post

[re: solchain] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by solchain:
Yes it was answered by someone in this country, she was very confused as she thought I'd found someone else's keys on top of the cabinet, anyway once she clicked she gave me the number to BT Security.
I am now wondering if they will go check if the keys are still there and if not, whether they will replace all the locks on the cabinets in that area.

Paul
Standard User solchain
(newbie) Tue 29-Sep-15 15:05:24
Print Post

Luckily they do hang from the bottom of the lock and they were behind work bollards so only people interested in looking at the cabinets would notice, its not like it was hanging from the front on full view.

Edited by solchain (Tue 29-Sep-15 19:43:09)

Print Thread

Jump to