General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User chimpingtonuk
(newbie) Sun 04-Oct-15 17:26:45
Print Post

HELP! LCBRI FTTP Project

[link to this post]

Can anyone provide any details on LCBRI FTTP status specifically Lower Wheelton. The information from BT is non existent. The project completion date was supposed to be August 2014. A year on and we're still no closer is seems. Any information gratefully received smile
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sun 04-Oct-15 17:34:12
Print Post

Re: HELP! LCBRI FTTP Project

[re: chimpingtonuk] [link to this post]

Exchange is a mixture of C and P, cabinet 1 is the FTTP area and appears live, so the question is where are you.

Address XX, MALT HOUSE COTTAGES, VICTORIA ST, WHEELTON, CHORLEY, PR6 8HH on Exchange BRINSCALL is served by Cabinet 1

WBC FTTP Up to 330 Up to 30 -- Available

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User chimpingtonuk
(newbie) Sun 04-Oct-15 17:37:58
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

PM'd you details.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sun 04-Oct-15 17:57:57
Print Post

End result is it looks like the job has been half down and nothing on roadworks.org

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User PaulKirby
(experienced) Sun 04-Oct-15 18:26:27
Print Post

In reply to a post by chimpingtonuk:
Can anyone provide any details on LCBRI FTTP status specifically Lower Wheelton. The information from BT is non existent. The project completion date was supposed to be August 2014. A year on and we're still no closer is seems. Any information gratefully received smile
Join the club.

Paul
Standard User Fastman2
(committed) Sun 04-Oct-15 19:37:30
Print Post

I assume that some of the premises were reachable as FTTP and some were not
I assume those that were reachable have been already done
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sun 04-Oct-15 20:08:20
Print Post

[re: Fastman2] [link to this post]

Looks likely that its a delay as fibre gets run down a road linking the two large clusters on that cabinet.

FTTP roll-out tends to suffer as in terms of hitting milestones, blowing the fibre for a cabinet gives a quicker result in terms of premises passed.

Will be chasing up with Openreach to find out what the situation is.

Standard User PaulKirby
(experienced) Sun 04-Oct-15 20:57:48
Print Post

Andrew did you ever gate anything back for my FTTP rollout that has been delayed.

I know I sent you an email on the 18 August and you sent me an email reply on the 25 August saying to sit back and see what will happens, its been over a month since then but sadly still no new work on roadworks, or the database going live, nothing.

So either there has not been any need to dig up any roads etc so far or there hasn't been any new work done.

Once again, thanks for the help.

Paul
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sun 04-Oct-15 21:03:16
Print Post

[re: PaulKirby] [link to this post]

Can't remember, do sometimes miss the odd email particularly those that arrive when out and about, so email me again from same address and will double check on Monday morning

Standard User PaulKirby
(experienced) Sun 04-Oct-15 21:10:34
Print Post

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
Can't remember, do sometimes miss the odd email particularly those that arrive when out and about, so email me again from same address and will double check on Monday morning
Resent, and thanks.

Paul
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to