General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User gdavid
(committed) Wed 07-Oct-15 19:58:05
Print Post

Connection on TalkTalk wholesage fibre

[link to this post]

I am on a LLU ADSL connection running on the TalkTalk network.

I am interested in going to fibre since my cabinet has just been enabled. As far I have been told, TT have not yet released their wholesale fibre. So wondering if anyone has any info on when this might be.

Regards

David
Standard User bewA
(learned) Wed 07-Oct-15 20:53:50
Print Post

Re: Connection on TalkTalk wholesage fibre

[re: gdavid] [link to this post]

not sure what you mean. I've got TalkTalk fibre being activated tomorrow and i'm already on TalkTalk LLU.

TalkTalk Fibre runs off BT wholesale.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 07-Oct-15 21:11:44
Print Post

[re: bewA] [link to this post]

Incorrect, TalkTalk fibre does not use BT Wholesale it uses Openreach and then at the exchange handover node the traffic joins the TalkTalk LLU backhaul network

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User ian007jen
(committed) Wed 07-Oct-15 22:46:36
Print Post

talk-talk have to order and pay for a gea-link cable at the exchange before they can offer FTTC on your cab/exchange.
(Not sure if these cables are required per cabinet or per exchange)
Ian
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 07-Oct-15 22:50:17
Print Post

[re: ian007jen] [link to this post]

Cable is just per exchange and it links the GEA kit to the TalkTalk backhaul hardware

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 07-Oct-15 23:15:23
Print Post

Just keep checking gdavid.

When an exchange is enabled that is normally when BT Wholesale has bought a link off Openreach as per this post and MrSaffron's reply to that.

Sky and TalkTalk can take a week or so to get theirs in. Just occasionally, they don't bother.

The indispensable man or woman passes from the scene, and what happens next is more or less the same thing as was happening before.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 59999/14372kbps @ 600m. - BQM
Standard User Ribble
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 08-Oct-15 08:23:51
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Think the OP wants to know if /when ISPs/ resellers of the talk talk llu network will be able to offer FTTC services over the talk talk network.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Thu 08-Oct-15 09:25:03
Print Post

[re: Ribble] [link to this post]

Ah, it can be read that way. I took it to mean at his exchange, rather than nationwide.

TalTalk FTTC is available from resellers. Several users of these forums are on it with Pulse8broadband. I considered it, and may move to it in a few months.

The indispensable man or woman passes from the scene, and what happens next is more or less the same thing as was happening before.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 59999/14372kbps @ 600m. - BQM
Standard User simon194
(experienced) Thu 08-Oct-15 09:44:03
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Talk Talk took almost two years to get the cable link installed at my local exchange by which time they had lost a large number of customers to BT, Sky and others.

Edited by simon194 (Thu 08-Oct-15 09:44:36)

Standard User gdavid
(committed) Thu 08-Oct-15 10:56:14
Print Post

[re: Ribble] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Ribble:
Think the OP wants to know if /when ISPs/ resellers of the talk talk llu network will be able to offer FTTC services over the talk talk network.

Yes - correct.

The info I have been given is that TT have not released their wholesale fibre. I think it is L2TP which gives resellers full control of the connection. Those that are offering TT are using a TT IP address.

Regards

David
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to