General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User mabibby
(regular) Fri 09-Oct-15 22:55:02
Print Post

FTTPoD - BTW Checker Updated?

[link to this post]

Evening,

Just had a nosey at my BTW Availability Checker result and it seems as though FTTPoD has been marked on my area?

Exchange WNRE is served by Cabinet 26
Other Offerings
FTTP on Demand 330 30 -- Available

I thought the whole FTTPoD stuff was canned until further notice? I'm in North Wales so maybe something BT have agreed with SFC. I've had a quick play to work out whether everyone has had the marker and it doesn't seem to be.

Cheers
Matt

BT Infinity 2 - 47/9 @ 800m
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 09-Oct-15 23:04:40
Print Post

Re: FTTPoD - BTW Checker Updated?

[re: mabibby] [link to this post]

It is still on hold and meant to be on the list to be told when its not

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User mabibby
(regular) Fri 09-Oct-15 23:16:15
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Fair enough, having a quick Google round it does seem to be something to do with FOD2 targeted at Businesses. Interesting to see how the new product stacks up as i'll be taking it up...

BT Infinity 2 - 47/9 @ 800m

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User WWWombat
(knowledge is power) Sat 10-Oct-15 00:18:52
Print Post

I might get accused of feeding rumours here, but your change of status probably stems from a small part of this announcement:

www.gov.uk/government/news/over-42000-more-premises-in-wales-set-to-receive-superfast-broadband

It seems obvious that the status of FoD is at least in the process of being changed for Wales. - this is the second thread in a few days.

Whether the change has progressed far enough into all aspects of Openreach for anyone to actually order is a different matter - which might be why MrSaffron hasn't yet heard anything.
Standard User dpowell2
(committed) Sat 10-Oct-15 07:57:42
Print Post

It's been showing to be available on my number for well over a year. I'm on the Hengoed exchange, cab 11.

isp review reckon it's available to order now.
http://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2015/10/bt-resu...
  Print Thread

Jump to