General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User colesy3
(newbie) Fri 30-Oct-15 12:51:34
Print Post

Does this mean I will be getting Fibre ?

[link to this post]

We are on a part of an estate (1/3) that is on EO lines, the other 2/3 of the estate have cabs so they have fibre. I noticed today there was 2 openreach box vans laying cable between two manholes just around the corner. When I asked the guy if he was laying fibre he said no it was just the weather proof outer cabling going in but it was being laid to the 1/3 of the estate that we are on. He said he had no idea when they would lay the fibre. So is this the first stage for laying fibre (I think the cable was green striped). Any thoughts guys.

Exchange: Leamore
Post code: WS3 3XA.

Thanks for looking, John Coles.

Bloxboy
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 30-Oct-15 12:59:17
Print Post

Re: Does this mean I will be getting Fibre ?

[re: colesy3] [link to this post]

No sign of any firm plans (maybe someone else can see something)

but if cable was 1 inch diameter black plastic with a yellow stripe then that is fibre tubing, and might be to reach install a cabinet that may be installed to service your EO cluster.

Time to keep an eye open for a new green cabinet appearing on Tunberry Road, cannot see anything on roadworks.org

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User colesy3
(newbie) Fri 30-Oct-15 13:11:14
Print Post

Re: Does this mean I will be getting Fibre ?

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Thanks for that Mr Saffron, I think the cable they were laying was black with a yellow stripe, and I think the guy said it would go to a cabinet at some stage, so I will keep my eyes peeled for a new cab going up.

Cheers.

John Coles.

Bloxboy

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to