General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User kba
(newbie) Mon 02-Nov-15 17:50:03
Print Post

New-build FTTC/FTTP queries

[link to this post]

Hi all,

Just stumbled across this forum and I'm hoping you can help put my mind at rest.

Moved into a new-build in January '15 and I'm stuck on 350kbps down/30kbps up. I'm work in IT syseng/devops and have to regularly VPN in to servers around the world when on call, so as I'm sure you can imagine the speeds are painful to say the least.

ADSL Checker shows me: http://i.imgur.com/3eoM2mI.png

What do you reckon my chances of getting FTTP/FTTC in the future are? I'd also love to ask the question of when, but I'm sure I'll just get a "how long is a piece of string" answer and I understand that smile

I know some people have it at the other end of the new estate, but it's my understanding that they recycled some of the old infrastructure (they demolished an old council estate to pop up the new houses) and it seems I've lucked out.

Worried that I'll be stuck. My 4G phone seems to get better speeds at times....

Regards

EDIT: Also I've had a search around but all of the posts seem very specific to people's neighbourhoods, many apologies if I'm flogging a dead horse here

Edited by kba (Mon 02-Nov-15 17:50:34)

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 02-Nov-15 17:57:00
Print Post

Re: New-build FTTC/FTTP queries

[re: kba] [link to this post]

Multiple cabinets look like they cover the estate, so was luck of the draw and whether you will get it ever is again luck of the draw.

So as for putting your mind at rest, as no-one has signed anything declaring funding for 100% superfast without fail it cannot be said to be a certain thing, so could be 2016 or could be late 2019 or maybe even later.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Pgre
(experienced) Mon 02-Nov-15 20:24:10
Print Post

Re: New-build FTTC/FTTP queries

[re: kba] [link to this post]

You could try contacting the developer.. Ask them to provide some Gap funding to improve the network.
We managed to do it and will have a new cab this time next year.

Get as many other residents on your side if you can..

Regards PGre

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to