General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User ceescd1
(newbie) Sat 07-Nov-15 18:19:14
Print Post

Cabinet Install - lead-time to accepting orders

[link to this post]

Hi,
Long time lurker, first time poster!

Iím hoping someone can give me some info on a specific question - reading many other threads Iíve got a general idea, but am now getting impatient for specifics! smile

My exchange has been fibre enabled since mid June 2013. Not my cabinet though (I am in a new build estate so I guess initially the cba for a few houses didnít add up at the time).

I tracked down my cabinet (19) - right around the corner from me on main road. Imagine my trepidation yesterday to see them putting up cones and digging a hole beside it. Then even more today seeing a big cardboard HUAWEI box getting offloaded.

The new green cabinet is now installed in said hole right next to the existing cab.

My first question - am I right in thinking this is the FTTC install I've been waiting for?

Second question - how long typically until I can actually place an order from the time of cabinet physical install?

I donít want to miss it and and then find the cabinet at capacity already. (as Iíve read about here)

Iíve setup a followthatpage link for the wholesale checker page for my number already - any other tips greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sat 07-Nov-15 19:27:40
Print Post

Re: Cabinet Install - lead-time to accepting orders

[re: ceescd1] [link to this post]

How long is a piece of string?

Usual is a few weeks to a couple of months, but some have waited for a couple of years, mainly commercial cabinets with priority going to the gap funded (BDUK) ones instead.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User ceescd1
(newbie) Wed 16-Dec-15 22:36:45
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Hi,

Just as an update on this (in case anyone is searching for similar in the future).

My cabinet became live for orders yesterday - so that's just under 6 weeks.

I certainly recommend using the 'follow that page' service to keep an eye out for when it changes.

Cheers!

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User jroadley
(regular) Thu 17-Dec-15 02:12:38
Print Post

[re: ceescd1] [link to this post]

I seem to remember they started building the fibre cabinet outside our house in December 2013, and I could finally order in July 2014 !
  Print Thread

Jump to