General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User pouser
(regular) Tue 10-Nov-15 15:02:39
Print Post

Infinity ordered but not working

[link to this post]

My order for BT Infinity has been plagued with problems:

I placed my order for Infinity on 14 October and was advised that installation date would be 2 November.

On 2 November the ‘old’ broadband (different supplier) was disconnected and the phone line was switched over to BT. Nothing happened with Infinity and helpline advised date had been rearranged for 4 November. No reason was available.

On 4 November we left until midnight as advised by the blurb but no Infinity. The Homehub light still flashing red.

On 5 November chatted with helpline who advised there was a line fault and this would be fixed by 9 November.

On 6 November chatted with helpline they performed checks and concluded there was a fault with the external line and this would be fixed by Openreach. I had a phone message to mobile that the engineer visit was cancelled as they had found another fault at the cabinet.

On 8 November an engineer (telephone) attended (unscheduled)to check the line and found no faults, but found that the cabined was connected to the wrong terminals which he fixed but noted that there was no connection to broadband on the line.
On 9 November I was assured that the problem would be fixed……by the end of the day….

On 10 November I chatted again. They help person asked again what socket we had how to plug in the router etc etc and concluded the router was faulty. I told him the engineer who attended Saturday had checked and this was not the case. After more checks he said there was a fault on the line and they would send engineer to check the cabinet connections again. Resolution time is no 13 November.

I feel that I am just being fobbed off by the helpline and they have no idea what to do unless it is in their ‘script’ and just get rid of the caller.

Is there anyone who can actually see what the ‘line’ looks like. Can they really remotely check the line and conclude the router is faulty (when it is switched off!) or can they see if the Infinity is tagged to the line correctly? I doubt that.

I am at a loss to know where to go to escalate the problem, please

Steve
Standard User WWWombat
(knowledge is power) Wed 11-Nov-15 14:40:40
Print Post

Re: Infinity ordered but not working

[re: pouser] [link to this post]

Have you asked the support people that question? Will they pass you on to a manager? Or give you a named contact?

You could also ask for your call to be transferred to someone in the UK, which might help.

Otherwise, there is a BT community forum that can help more intractable problems, if the moderators grab the issue.

https://community.bt.com/
Standard User pouser
(regular) Wed 11-Nov-15 16:47:41
Print Post

[re: WWWombat] [link to this post]

Hi

I posted this on the BT Care and this afternoon a guy from BT called me.

He seems to be aware that there is a network problem. This is a new cabinet on Holmewood exchange (no 20). Prior to this we were EO and looks like I am the first customer to connect.

The BT guy seems to think that the cabinet has not been connected to the network correctly and Openreach are now dealing with this.

They will call me in a couple of days (I hope) to give an update.

The helpdesk all along have been telling me that the router is wired incorrectly, the filter/router is faulty or the socket is not right.connection on the line.

I hope this is sorted soon

Steve

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 11-Nov-15 16:50:55
Print Post

[re: pouser] [link to this post]

First customer is always a difficult one, as it means you can be a bit of a guinea pig for testing

As you've found out the usual help desks are difficult are spotting these off the chart type issues

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User andyhurley
(learned) Fri 13-Nov-15 16:33:50
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Sounds like you have had a similar experience to me. We were switched to BT on Oct 30th at which point the old ADSL was lost and we are still waiting for infinity.

The last update I had was from a 'complaints' agent who explained that the issue was that there was no capacity in my cabinet and they were waiting for OR to add more.

This tallies with the experience we had but does not explain why they took the order or why they didn't connect us to ADSL in the meantime.

I'm hoping for another update tonight but I doubt very much anything will have been improved - two weeks and counting.

My better half is absolutely furious with me over it even though it was her complaints about slow internet which prompted me to upgrade. She is trying to study for an MA and not even being able to reliably send an email is a major problem for her.
  Print Thread

Jump to