General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Timbo79
(newbie) Thu 19-Nov-15 22:22:45
Print Post

Help with fibre connection!

[link to this post]

I was wondering if anyone can shed some light on a fibre availability problem. I live in an area where everyone under my postcode has access to fibre according to the BT where and when search (circa 74 properties). Everyone except my house, which shows as "under review". My current provider is Sky, but I go around in a perpetual loop of contacting them and BT to understand why only my house has been left out, whether it's a database error or a genuine reason. But neither seem to be able to tell be why.

The real kick in the balls is, I currently have a speed ranging from 0.6 to 1.2mbps! Seems extremely frustrating I suffer with such low speeds when it seems fibre is just on my doorstep.

Any help/advise, perhaps numbers I can call would be greatly appreciated!
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 20-Nov-15 10:04:14
Print Post

Re: Help with fibre connection!

[re: Timbo79] [link to this post]

Try the BT Wholesale Availability Checker at http://www.thinkbroadband.com/btavailability.html and use the address option, type postcode and then select your property from the list of premises.

What exchange and cabinet does it say you are connected to, telecoms does not always fully align with postcode boundaries so some premises will be on one cab and others on another cabinet.

Failing that private message your address and will post back an analysis

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User lzend
(newbie) Fri 20-Nov-15 11:57:42
Print Post

[re: Timbo79] [link to this post]

hi I had same problem in my village turns out some providers can supply superfast broadband and some cant. I was with sky and they couldn't supply fibre but was able to get it from SSE I now get 70mbps so if you can move your broadband I would move. sky are robbers anyway don't trust anything they tell you

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Timbo79
(newbie) Fri 20-Nov-15 14:23:48
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Thanks Andrew, have sent you a PM.
  Print Thread

Jump to