General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 20-Nov-15 14:53:07
Print Post

Strange Openreach doc re FTTP

[link to this post]

Surely the pictures in Section 2 of this document are wrong? Are there even two different ONTs?

The indispensable man or woman passes from the scene, and what happens next is more or less the same thing as was happening before.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 59997/15142kbps @ 600m. - BQM
Standard User MHC
(sensei) Fri 20-Nov-15 15:05:14
Print Post

Re: Strange Openreach doc re FTTP

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Yes there are two ... I have seen pictures of Huawei installs and know that BT used ECI for their original trials and signed a large contract a few years back with ECI. Whether they are still installing, I don't know. That document is actually from 2013 so may or maynot reflect current processes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M H C

taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
Standard User WWWombat
(knowledge is power) Fri 20-Nov-15 15:05:34
Print Post

Neither of those two boxes look like the one in the current developer's guide for fibre.
http://www.newdevelopments-openreach.co.uk/Developer...

The picture at the bottom of page 2 does seem to show the right ports, on a curvier box than either of those at the top. In fact, the Huawei box looks rather similar to my FTTC modem.

Note, though, that the marketing insert is old, dating back to 2013.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 20-Nov-15 16:00:34
Print Post

[re: WWWombat] [link to this post]

(@ both)
The picture of the ONT in Section 1 is what I expect. Section 2 are the FTTC modems and I'm sure simply should never have been there. Probably a page revamp (copy/paste) error.

I agree the Section 3 pic is correct and will tally will Section 1.

The indispensable man or woman passes from the scene, and what happens next is more or less the same thing as was happening before.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Standard User Rastus
(experienced) Fri 20-Nov-15 19:53:59
Print Post

Well mine's different to all of the images referred to in this thread!

Edited by Rastus (Fri 20-Nov-15 19:54:32)

Standard User btbert
(committed) Fri 20-Nov-15 23:00:00
Print Post

"These are currently either Huawei or ECI models, as shown
in the diagram above and the images left, but the style and
design
may vary"

IE they dont all look the same !

these comments are my own and in no way represent any company that i may or may not be linked too.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/2420497773.png
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 20-Nov-15 23:36:39
Print Post

[re: btbert] [link to this post]

Come on Bert. Those are bog standard FTTC modems. Surely there's no way the insides of one of those could be replaced with optical termination kit?

Standard User georgelnx
(learned) Sat 21-Nov-15 07:53:06
Print Post

[re: WWWombat] [link to this post]

I have that style of FTTP ONT as shown in the new developments guide which was installed back in early 2013.

Standard User Embraer
(member) Sat 21-Nov-15 10:26:45
Print Post

Would anybody be able to point me towards any pricing information for these services. Just put a deposit down on a new build and got that very 2 page document #pleasantlysuprised smile

If god had meant man to fly he would have given him more understanding bank managers!

3 Macs, 2 iPads, 2 iPhones, 1 Apple Timecapsule extended by 2 AEs. Bye Bye AOHell, Hello O2, See Ya O2, snorting along at 35mb with BT Infinity
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sat 21-Nov-15 11:13:10
Print Post

[re: Embraer] [link to this post]

If your property is having native FTTP then the 40 and 80 Meg service are identical pricing to the FTTC based services, but two faster options exist.

The choice of retailer is limited as many don't bother with FTTP, so simplest is BT Retail and http://www.thinkbroadband.com/isp/bt.html lists Infinity 1,2,3 & 4 when you click through to BT site it usually will not show 3 & 4 option unless the phone number or address you have entered has live native FTTP available to it.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to