General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User richowen
(newbie) Sun 22-Nov-15 16:51:24
Print Post

FTTP Progress

[link to this post]

Had the fiber cable installed on the poles a few months ago, emailed connecting Shropshire and was told I'm getting FTTP but will most likely go live this time next year. Last week a green box on the pole appeared connected up to both the thin cable along the poles and thick cable on the pole. Is this anything to get excited about or is it still going to be a year till we go live? Thanks

https://i.gyazo.com/6506fcdec65158bea6cbf629c93cebcd...

https://i.gyazo.com/0880f4c4d703824953e3d78f4c946553...

As you can see in the second pic I'm about 270m from the fiber termination/green box, I'm guessing I will still be connected at that distance, would be kinda weird not to because most people on the line are about the same distance away
Standard User Ribble
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 22-Nov-15 17:51:41
Print Post

Re: FTTP Progress

[re: richowen] [link to this post]

Pole mounted splitter. All part of the progress. But it can be slow progress at times before it goes live, then there are actual install delays , and if there are problems with the network installation the delays can go on and on. If actullay have a working FTTP connection in a year then you can consider yourself fortunate.
Standard User Jax2
(member) Sun 22-Nov-15 19:09:39
Print Post

I am fortunate enough to have FTTP. It took about eight months from being in a similar position with equipment like the pole mounted splitter appearing to the service going live. It took another two and a half months from ordering my service once the FTTP was available to actually getting it. A guy down the road who is in a much more challenging position to receive the service is no further on since ordering in July. So be pleased that things are happening but be prepared for a long haul though of course things may be different for you.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User richowen
(newbie) Sun 22-Nov-15 19:42:42
Print Post

[re: Jax2] [link to this post]

Thanks for the replies, about what I expected laugh Just glad theres some progress being made, hope I go live this decade lol
Standard User PaulKirby
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 22-Nov-15 20:13:00
Print Post

In reply to a post by richowen:
Thanks for the replies, about what I expected laugh Just glad theres some progress being made, hope I go live this decade lol
LOL, we have been waiting for 4 years for our FTTP hardware that was installed 4 years ago to go live.

So, good luck.

Paul
Standard User richowen
(newbie) Sun 22-Nov-15 21:13:19
Print Post

[re: PaulKirby] [link to this post]

........openreach pls no
Standard User PaulKirby
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 22-Nov-15 21:33:59
Print Post

In reply to a post by richowen:
........openreach pls no
LOL, if you are under a BDUK Project then you might be ok, my delay is due to I am a Commercial Project due to being located in Greater London.

Paul
Standard User richowen
(newbie) Mon 23-Nov-15 08:49:30
Print Post

ahh that makes more sense, you have my greatest sympathies though.
Standard User MacLe0d
(newbie) Mon 23-Nov-15 16:01:45
Print Post

I doubt being under BDUK makes much difference, as I'm sure I'll be getting FTTP as the telegraph pole 1 down from the one which serves me has a coil of cable behind it with FTTP written on it. My telepgraph pole is right next to a large BT manhole.

I have little confidence that I'll be enabled by end of this year which given work has obvioulsy started on and speaking to guys from Future Network Solutions they have been clearing blocked ducts I would have thought I would be under Superfasts Lancashires aim to have 97% fibre covergae by end of 2015.
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 23-Nov-15 16:32:40
Print Post

[re: MacLe0d] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MacLe0d:
I doubt being under BDUK makes much difference

It makes a massive difference to people who's commercial rollout has been put on the back burner so that BT can meet their targets for BDUK contracts. That's what has impacted for Paul.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to