General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User mauimauer
(newbie) Mon 07-Dec-15 22:03:24
Print Post

LEP Phases?

[link to this post]

Hi there,

I just recently found out that my Cabinet (LWHAM, 25) might be part of the recently announced London Extension Programme (LEP).

CodeLook says my Cabinet is part of LEP PLUS 15b. Another one is scheduled as LEP 17a. But what does this mean? Can anyone shed a bit more light on LEP/LEP Plus and the schedule for the different phases? Where does CodeLook get this data from anyways?

Cheers,
maui
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 07-Dec-15 22:56:54
Print Post

Re: LEP Phases?

[re: mauimauer] [link to this post]

The phases refer to roll-out announcements, i.e. which batch were the cabinets included in, these are done in batches, but the actual implement is such that not all of any one phase needs to be completed before moving onto the next.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User mauimauer
(newbie) Mon 07-Dec-15 22:58:25
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

So what's the most recent LEP (PLUS) phase? I wonder where that information is coming from.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 07-Dec-15 23:21:02
Print Post

No idea, concentrating on when stuff has gone live, too many plans change and shuffle around to try and get people excited ahead of time

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User PaulKirby
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 07-Dec-15 23:35:24
Print Post

In reply to a post by mauimauer:
So what's the most recent LEP (PLUS) phase? I wonder where that information is coming from.
Well one of our cabinets on our exchange is down as Phase LEP PLUS 15b and the openreach site is saying its being connected up and with a place holder date of 4 months due by date and another one down as being in the design stages which has a place holder date of 12 months due by date.

Now these place holder dates are just that, they can change without notice.

We also have an EO Block of lines that are down as Phase LEP 17a and these don't look like they have started on those yet.

Paul
Standard User mauimauer
(newbie) Tue 08-Dec-15 01:20:39
Print Post

[re: PaulKirby] [link to this post]

Well, I'd like to add my Cabinet 25. That's showing as "Enabled Area" on OpenReach, No Due date (at least I've never seen one) and the BT ADSL Checker they haven't even decided if they ever want to do it ("Under Review")

This is just confusing...
Standard User PaulKirby
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 08-Dec-15 10:31:29
Print Post

Well, I'd like to add my Cabinet 25. That's showing as "Enabled Area" on OpenReach, No Due date (at least I've never seen one) and the BT ADSL Checker they haven't even decided if they ever want to do it ("Under Review")

This is just confusing...
Nope, seems BTOR have removed the dueby field from the cabinet section of the returned info now, I don't really think that have been updating that field anyway, I have seen some cabinets in areas go live with the dueby date still saying 4 months.

It still has the journeystage which for your cabinet is 5 so 3 more stages to go.

I wonder how long that field will be there until BTOR removes that.

BTW, this information isn't displayed on the screen, its in the returned JSON formatted string that is returned to your browser, you just need to know where and how to find that info.

Paul
Standard User mauimauer
(newbie) Wed 09-Dec-15 23:06:13
Print Post

[re: PaulKirby] [link to this post]

Yep, I took a look at the response from their API.
Does anyone have an idea what the different journeystages map to?
Standard User PaulKirby
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 10-Dec-15 00:48:33
Print Post

Yep, I took a look at the response from their API.
Does anyone have an idea what the different journeystages map to?
Well I have only been playing about with it for a little while, but I have seen it go up to 8 which in the cases I have seen means its live or about to go live.

It might be linked to the old dueby number, not sure though.
journeystages:
1: Not seen yet.
2: Not seen yet.
3: Design Stage (12 Month Place Holder Date)
4: Not seen yet.
5: Not seen yet.
6: Connecting Stage, (4 Month Place Holder Date)
7: Not seen yet.
8: Ready to go live or already live.

Please note this is all speculation and I may be completely wrong.
However we may never know due to openreach have removed the dueby date from the information so we cannot link the two.

Oh, I forgot, journeystage can also be empty, I have seen this for FTTP projects and also FTTC projects that have yet to be started or may have been halted for some reason.

Paul

Edited by PaulKirby (Thu 10-Dec-15 00:51:07)

Print Thread

Jump to