I have had some help from PaulKirby back in March of last year regarding the outlook of my EO Line here in sunny Scotland being enabled for fibre.
My exchange ESIKG (Inverkeithing) has a number of EO lines and I am sadly connected to one of them,
Currently the exchange is enabled for FTTC
Most if not all non EO properties are capable of FTTC.
I was contacted by , or should I say received a response from Openreach at the beginning of this year stating they would be moving EO lines over to Cabinet 23 of ESIKG between Q3 2015 and Q3 2016.
I have noticed a substantial presence of Openreach vehicles in my area lately and was hoping someone could once again take a look at the situation for my post code KY111AX and the Inverkeithing exchange in general.
This is the response i received last year....
Exchange Name: Inverkeithing
Exchange Code: ESIKG
Fibre Phase: Phase 07b 2011-2012
Fibre Information: FTTC Available from 24th April 2012
Result Count: 9
Cabinet: EO (Block 8)
Fibre Phase: None
Fibre Information: Not Available
Result Count: 25
• Has 9 result(s) connected to Cabinet 23 with FTTC with approximate speeds around the following:
• Range A: 74.0 -> 80.0 (downstream) 20.0 -> 20.0 (upstream)
• Range B: 61.9 -> 80.0 (downstream) 12.2 -> 20.0 (upstream)
• Has 25 result(s) connected to an EO (Exchange Only) line with ADSLx with approximate speeds around the following:
• ADSLx (Worst): Up to 14.0 (downstream rate) -- (upsrteam rate) 8.0 to 18.5 (downstream range)
• ADSLx (Best): Up to 17.0 (downstream rate) -- (upsrteam rate) 10.0 to 19.5 (downstream range)
Please note that these speeds are using BT's DSL Checker and uses the lowest and highest values for that postcode and cabinet.
† Had at least 1 issue retrieving information from the BT DSL Checker.
Response from Openreach below:
“…Inverkeithing exchange is in our deployment plan starting Q3 (2015-2016) and ending Q3 (2016-2017), Cabinet 23 is in Quarter 3 (2015-2016). I trust this will answer Mr Dee’s query…”
It’s likely this will be between October 2015 and March 2016. I understand it is frustrating waiting on access but hopefully this give you some clarity.
Edited by deedscali1401 (Thu 10-Dec-15 08:36:21)