General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User gregsayer
(newbie) Sat 12-Dec-15 21:41:43
Print Post

New Build Estate - How Long till Openreach update Database

[link to this post]

Hi,
just I moved into a new build house (served by the same exchange as the old house), and sky have moved my bb.
due to the house not being on sky's system, I've been left with a downgrade from a 40/10 FTTC (33mb) to a 4.5mb ADSL line, despite being in sight of the local cabinet.
i have a friend who has also moved into the street some 4 months ago, and is getting about 3mb.

according to the openreach site, for my house number and postcode, my exchange is "under review, but if I put the house (completed about 6 months ago) 100m up the road (there's a patch of mud where they are stilling building between us) in, the same exchange is accepting orders.

moving to www.dslchecker.bt.com, my address has nothing listed apart from ADSL2+ (3.5mb) and ADSL Max (1mb)
putting the same neighbours house in has a Clean FTTC rate of 79.2!

does anyone have experience of how long it takes for Openreach to update their systems?

Thanks

Edited by gregsayer (Sat 12-Dec-15 21:42:46)

Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Sat 12-Dec-15 21:58:46
Print Post

Re: New Build Estate - How Long till Openreach update Databa

[re: gregsayer] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by gregsayer:
moving to www.dslchecker.bt.com, my address has nothing listed apart from ADSL2+ (3.5mb) and ADSL Max (1mb)
Does the DSLchecker confirm you are connected to the same cabinet as your neighbour?
Standard User gregsayer
(newbie) Sat 12-Dec-15 22:02:03
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by BatBoy:
In reply to a post by gregsayer:
Does the DSLchecker confirm you are connected to the same cabinet as your neighbour?

oops

why didn't I check that......

fail on my part, they are on different cab's

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User leexgx
(committed) Sat 12-Dec-15 23:03:18
Print Post

[re: gregsayer] [link to this post]

i guess you have to move house then (new estates really should setup an new cab just for the estate or at least for each half of the estate if its big)

Print Thread

Jump to