General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User MrDeeJay
(regular) Tue 15-Dec-15 17:29:19
Print Post

Home Move with FTTC

[link to this post]

Hi Guys,

Does anyone know if any ISP out there will allow you to take your FTTC product with you if you move house?

I am currently with Xilo and was going to move to their sister company Uno.....however they say if I started a new contract with them, i'd have to repay in full before I move house and then take another contract at new home.

I know with ADSL you can do a home move, if it possible to do it with FTTC if new exchange has FTTC? Does any FTTC ISP offer this service?

Reason being I am trying to get a better package than I have currently with Xilo

Thanks in advance.

Liberty Surf, freeserve, Wonadoo, Freedom2Surf, BT Broadband, O2 Broadband, Xilo
Standard User WWWombat
(knowledge is power) Tue 15-Dec-15 17:52:33
Print Post

Re: Home Move with FTTC

[re: MrDeeJay] [link to this post]

Yes, companies will do a house move involving FTTC. I've done it twice, using Plusnet.

However, you aren't quite asking about a house move - which, in your case, would involve Xilo alone. You are asking to terminate a contract with one company, then start a whole new contract in a whole new location with a whole new company.
Standard User MrDeeJay
(regular) Tue 15-Dec-15 18:36:17
Print Post

[re: WWWombat] [link to this post]

Thanks for that.

I asked Uno about a house move but they told me contract is tied to the location and can't be moved.

They advised I wait till I move. However I want to get a better deal just now and move with it later.

Liberty Surf, freeserve, Wonadoo, Freedom2Surf, BT Broadband, O2 Broadband, Xilo

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Tue 15-Dec-15 21:50:59
Print Post

Are you still within a (minimum term) contract with Xilo, or a free agent on monthly terms?

The indispensable man or woman passes from the scene, and what happens next is more or less the same thing as was happening before.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 59997/15142kbps @ 600m. - BQM
Standard User MrDeeJay
(regular) Tue 15-Dec-15 22:06:29
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Free agent as of 6th January 2016.

Just looking at a better package. Xilo tell me to go to sister company Uno.

They say any FTTC contract is attached to the property and not person. So if you move you have to pay off remaining term of contract.

I'm looking for better than £35 for 75GB limit, and a FTTC product I can take on a home move.

Standard User leexgx
(committed) Wed 16-Dec-15 09:09:18
Print Post

£35 for a capped product ?

Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 16-Dec-15 09:52:09
Print Post

[re: leexgx] [link to this post]

It may possibly include line rental.
Standard User MrDeeJay
(regular) Wed 16-Dec-15 12:28:36
Print Post

[re: ian72] [link to this post]

£35 for capped peak yes....does not include line rental as we pay that seperate to post office.

Print Thread

Jump to