General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User mlmclaren
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 24-Dec-15 00:00:30
Print Post

Capacity Check Please

[link to this post]

I've just moved into a new build (converted office building) which is connected to Crawley PCP57...

The PCP in question has a Huawei 96/128 NGA next to it and was funded by the local BDUK program and not the normal rollout...

Currently there's a bit of a wait for people to get lines due to Openreach not having confirmation of the lines existing at the building, however it seems that the original drop of 'many, many, many' pairs from when it was an office block has been left in its original place with the original DP box still place, however all the lines (cat5e runs) are not connected and have all been left in a bundle at the bottom of the cupboard.

It does seem that one line has been connected to the DP, the line isn't using cat5e cable though so it might be one for the building (perhaps for alarms)

Anyway, I'll stop droning on... I'm a bit concerned on the amount of capacity at the NGA and also wondering if its a 96/128 configuration...

Once an order is placed, is my connection at the DSLAM reserved?

Any information would be greatly appreciated...
Standard User Ribble
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 29-Dec-15 11:55:16
Print Post

Re: Capacity Check Please

[re: mlmclaren] [link to this post]

No problem with port capacity here.
Standard User mlmclaren
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 29-Dec-15 12:19:03
Print Post

[re: Ribble] [link to this post]

OK any idea of numbers?

I placed the order 13 days ago and they have yet to confirm theres any lines to the apartment block (even though I've pictures of DP and lines from flats)

So the order is not confirmed yet and and with 24-26 flats all been/being moved into and folk ordering services and more flats being built also I'm a wee bit worried I might lose my spot...

I'm about to ring BT "again" though have very little faith it will achieve anything and right now I'm tempted to walk the 2 minutes to the exchange and try grab somebody there....

EE's has a great 4G network but in the centre of town thats not cutting it and sharing it between 5 computers, 3 tablets, 2 smart TV's, a games console and a 5 speaker sonos system isn't going down too well.... plus 100GB isn't ;lasting too long and I lost my 2nd sim and guy in EE shop yesterday was not willing to give me another pay as you go sim to get the offer as he was trying to sell there 50GB offer!

#veryannoyedrightnow

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Ribble
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 29-Dec-15 12:30:14
Print Post

Capacity not an issue even if they all ordered today
Standard User mlmclaren
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 29-Dec-15 12:33:42
Print Post

[re: Ribble] [link to this post]

Phew! Thanks...

I don't suppose you would know of any way I can contact Openreach direct to get there a**** moving a bit quicker, I'm rather annoyed that after 2 weeks I've still not got an install date...

At this rate I will be better of getting an agreement with offices across road and chucking an ethernet across to them!
Standard User panda
(committed) Tue 29-Dec-15 12:48:27
Print Post

You'll need to go via your Service Provider.

Apparently industry objects to OR dealing with End Users directly:
BT’s rivals objected to expanding Openreach’s customer-facing role. An ISP executive said competitors were reluctant to see Openreach gain more direct access to their customers.

Eats shoots and leaves.
Standard User mlmclaren
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 29-Dec-15 12:55:07
Print Post

[re: panda] [link to this post]

Hmm. I wonder why :?

Well just spoke with BT again and they are saying 11th January 2016... and if any lines go in before mine I shall be every angry... after-all I was the first to move in and I placed the order a week before that!
  Print Thread

Jump to