General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User 8skellerns
(experienced) Wed 06-Jan-16 21:25:08
Print Post

FTTC/P

[link to this post]

I am connected to cabinet 2 on the twycross exchange. I know my cabinet is planned to be upgraded to FTTC, but the exchange it is connected to is showing FTTC & FTTP. Can anyone give me any info on dates for this cab to be upgraded and where the FTTP is?
Standard User 8skellerns
(experienced) Thu 07-Jan-16 19:34:50
Print Post

Re: FTTC/P

[re: 8skellerns] [link to this post]

Anyone? I see others getting detailed info about their cabs and area, yet no one knows anything about my area/cab?
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 07-Jan-16 19:42:44
Print Post

Cab 2 is part of the extension projects, rather than the original bduk phase 1 roll-out. Have no dates.

On the FTTC/P no evidence of any live FTTP or actual plans for it. The FTTC/P exchange level indicator is not worth following really.

Presume you know where your cabinet is and your distance to it? Since if you live in Shackerstone any FTTC is not going to be superfast.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User lee111s
(member) Thu 07-Jan-16 19:42:49
Print Post

At the moment it's likely to only be FTTC. On the codelook site it shows FTTC or FTTP, not &. Where have you seen this information?
Standard User 8skellerns
(experienced) Thu 07-Jan-16 20:09:43
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Roadworks.org shows from 19-28 Jan:

Install 7m of 1 way poly duct in Verge,Provide, Renew or Recover 1 DSLAM street cabinet and base.

Will this mean my cab will have a onesie cab or a second cab next to it? I know the other side of the road 5m away from the cab their is a manhole with a fibre backbone running through it and some huge joints, and a duct running from it back across the road to the cab 2, with phone wires running back and forth through it (E and D sides) but not sure what the 17m of two way polyduct is for in the grass verge?

Edited by 8skellerns (Thu 07-Jan-16 20:36:38)

Standard User 8skellerns
(experienced) Thu 07-Jan-16 20:10:51
Print Post

[re: lee111s] [link to this post]

Openreach enabled exchanges pdf file says my exchange is fttc/p
Standard User 8skellerns
(experienced) Thu 07-Jan-16 20:12:20
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Oh, I'm 1.5 miles from the cab located in Bilstone, I'm in Shackerstone. Superfast Leicestershire says we will have superfast by 2017. How is that possible 1.5 miles away from the cab?

Edited by 8skellerns (Thu 07-Jan-16 20:37:45)

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Thu 07-Jan-16 21:08:31
Print Post

Dunno, but a DSLAM CAB means FTTC for lines on the associated PCP.

The indispensable man or woman passes from the scene, and what happens next is more or less the same thing as was happening before.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 59997/15142kbps @ 600m. - BQM
Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Thu 07-Jan-16 21:14:28
Print Post

In reply to a post by 8skellerns:
Oh, I'm 1.5 miles from the cab located in Bilstone, I'm in Shackerstone. Superfast Leicestershire says we will have superfast by 2017. How is that possible 1.5 miles away from the cab?
Are you saying that www.dslchecker.bt.com has confirmed your telephone is connected to the cabinet that you are 1.5 miles, 2.4 km, away from?

I don't think you'll be seeing usable speeds at that distance.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 07-Jan-16 21:30:26
Print Post

If an existing PCP is present then unlikely to be a onesie

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to