General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User PaulKirby
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 11-Jan-16 18:44:23
Print Post

BT Openreach upgrade there Where and when Page :)

[link to this post]

Hey All

Just thought I would say that BT Openreach have updated they Where and when page once again to also include more info like what stage your rollout is at, along with what technology that its using (FTTC, FTTP, etc) which is great.

Now whether they already had plans to do this which is probably the case, or it was due to I was telling people that info was there, who knows.
But my guesses is they had plans, which was why over the last several months the JSON serialised string that is returned has changed a few times.

And if your wondering what each stage means, then read this.

And if you are all wondering, no they still don't have any dates displayed.

But, at least this is better than saying yes or no to fibre is ready, now you can see what stage it is currently at.

Paul
Standard User MCM
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 11-Jan-16 19:24:57
Print Post

Re: BT Openreach upgrade there Where and when Page :)

[re: PaulKirby] [link to this post]

But, at least this is better than saying yes or no to fibre is ready, now you can see what stage it is currently at.
Not in the case of our privately funded upgrade for the EO lines feeding our development. Where & When still shows Exploring solutions whereas the cab is in place, has power and is close to stage 8, accepting orders. I suspect that the Where & When site may also not be showing full details for some BDUK funded upgrades.
Standard User B31
(member) Mon 11-Jan-16 19:59:06
Print Post

For me, it says they don't have a clue. Plan. I mean they don't have a plan. ...

BT ADSL customer getting 1.7 Mbps (0.6 Mbps up) on a new road / new build development
CAB not FTTC enabled, not part of the 66% commercial plan. Not rural - no BDUK funding
(Virgin Media nearby)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User PaulKirby
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 11-Jan-16 20:04:44
Print Post

[re: MCM] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MCM:
Not in the case of our privately funded upgrade for the EO lines feeding our development. Where & When still shows Exploring solutions whereas the cab is in place, has power and is close to stage 8, accepting orders. I suspect that the Where & When site may also not be showing full details for some BDUK funded upgrades.
Maybe, due to I tried one BDUK project that wasn't completed yet and it showed up as Stage 6 (Connect) like I said in the PM, which your reading now LOL.

Paul
Standard User PaulKirby
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 11-Jan-16 20:06:47
Print Post

[re: B31] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by B31:
For me, it says they don't have a clue. Plan. I mean they don't have a plan. ...
Yep, says the same for our FTTP upgrade, even though its all been done since 2011, BT told me that I have a potential issue in my records, so maybe that's the cause for not getting it yet.

But at least once they do start work we will now know.

Paul
Standard User craski
(learned) Mon 11-Jan-16 20:08:35
Print Post

For my area, it looks like the only thing they updated was to replace "Exploring Solutions" with "We're actively looking at other options." smile

Zen Unlimited Fibre Office BQM
Standard User PaulKirby
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 11-Jan-16 20:16:39
Print Post

[re: craski] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by craski:
For my area, it looks like the only thing they updated was to replace "Exploring Solutions" with "We're actively looking at other options." smile
Yeah and we have gone from "Under Review" to "We are exploring solutions" I also have noticed that they are still basing the page around FTTC and not FTTP.
Once we start preparing an exchange to be enabled, it is typically 12 months (but could be longer) before itís ready to supply fibre to one or more street cabinets in the area. See whatís involved in the main stages of the fibre journey below.
Just makes you laugh really.

*** update ***
I forgot to say it also says this when we check with our phone number:
Cabinet status: Please check the cabinet fibre journey above
They really need to make this generic so that it doesn't refer an actual cabinet especially if its for FTTP.

Maybe something like "Fibre status: Please check the fibre journey above" kind of thing.

Paul

Edited by PaulKirby (Mon 11-Jan-16 20:25:34)

Standard User PaulKirby
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 11-Jan-16 20:21:07
Print Post

I think the next thing that they will add is the speed information, due to that information has been in the returned data for a while now.

Now whether the speed information will be correct or not is another thing.

Paul
Standard User cymru123
(learned) Mon 11-Jan-16 20:39:08
Print Post

I think if you are in a FTTP planned area you need to enter a landline number instead. It's the same with the Superfast Cymru Where and When Map.

So for Address I get; Superfast-Openreach - "Exploring Solutions" or SFC - "Based on the information you've provided, this cabinet isnít currently in plan to be upgraded as part of the Superfast Cymru rollout"

For landline number I get; Superfast-Openreach - "Your area is currently in our plans to be upgraded with Fibre to the Premises (FTTP), however we follow a different design and build process for FTTP so you won't see updates at each stage" or SFC - "Your area is in scope for the roll out of Fibre to the Premise (FTTP)"
Standard User thebigdolphin1
(regular) Mon 11-Jan-16 20:54:43
Print Post

I'd take the displayed journey stage with a pinch of salt - my cabinet displays the current stage as "CONNECT", despite actually being in the "BUILD" stage (they're due to upgrade the old PCP within the next few days).
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to