General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User 8skellerns
(experienced) Sat 16-Jan-16 01:35:59
Print Post

Openreach checker now at build

[link to this post]

I see the openreach checker has now been updated, and my cab is showing at the build stage. However, nothing at all is happening around my cab lol! How can the where and when page show me speeds expected? I see some people can extract info from the page I cant?
Standard User thebigdolphin1
(regular) Sat 16-Jan-16 03:45:40
Print Post

Re: Openreach checker now at build

[re: 8skellerns] [link to this post]

To view estimated ADSL and Fibre speeds, use BT's checker. Expected fibre speeds are listed under the FTTC Range A row.

Also, check the area of the cab on roadworks.org for information on when and what they'll be working on the cabinet. Make sure 'roadworks' are enabled in the map layers, and that it's showing info for the 'next 12 months'.

Edited by thebigdolphin1 (Sat 16-Jan-16 03:50:32)

Standard User PaulKirby
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 16-Jan-16 10:56:54
Print Post

[re: 8skellerns] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by 8skellerns:
I see the openreach checker has now been updated, and my cab is showing at the build stage. However, nothing at all is happening around my cab lol! How can the where and when page show me speeds expected? I see some people can extract info from the page I cant?
The Only extra information that I would see is the speeds, but that only appears when and after they are testing the actual cabinet.

As for build work:
Date: 19 Jan - 1 Feb
Description: Install 7m of 1 way poly duct in Verge,Provide, Renew or Recover 1 DSLAM street cabinet and base
They are still installing/building it.

Paul

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Nightglow
(regular) Sat 16-Jan-16 12:09:29
Print Post

[re: PaulKirby] [link to this post]

It gives you cabinet number, shame it doesn't show you it's location on the map.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sat 16-Jan-16 12:19:03
Print Post

[re: thebigdolphin1] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by thebigdolphin1:
To view estimated ADSL and Fibre speeds, use BT's checker. Expected fibre speeds are listed under the FTTC Range A row.
I think all the "self-install" ISPs now quote the Row B - Impacted figure, and some will not supply 80/20 if there is an entry there below 40.

The indispensable man or woman passes from the scene, and what happens next is more or less the same thing as was happening before.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 59997/15142kbps @ 600m. - BQM
Standard User 8skellerns
(experienced) Sat 16-Jan-16 14:51:18
Print Post

[re: PaulKirby] [link to this post]

Cheers! I do worry though that being 1.5 miles away from the cab I will get this information from the checker once the cab is activated and accepting orders though!

Your cabinet is enabled for Superfast fibre however you're not able to order fibre just yet. This might be because the length of the line is too long to get Superfast speeds. We're actively looking at other options. If you'd like us to let you know if fibre becomes available, register your details.
Standard User PaulKirby
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 16-Jan-16 15:52:39
Print Post

[re: Nightglow] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Nightglow:
It gives you cabinet number, shame it doesn't show you it's location on the map.
They have been supplying the cabinet number for ages, but they just haven't been displaying it, its the same for the stage.

As for the cabinet location, I used to just look for DSLAM in the addresses and look at the location for those, sadly BTOR removed the location and BDUK have a habit of not displaying the DSLAM cabinets in the address.

Paul
  Print Thread

Jump to