General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User craski
(regular) Sat 16-Jan-16 11:51:58
Print Post

BT Wholesale at it with TAP3 tests

[link to this post]

My ongoing saga with a congested line continues with the latest hurdle being that even when I complete all the BT Wholesale TAP3 tests now I'm being told my tests "are not showing up on the BT system". It is far too much of a coincidence that only "good" tests seem to show up and those that clearly show poor results seem to get lost in the ether.

I'm just about at the end of my patience with fibre broadband. At least my slow ADSL was consistent and reliable!

Zen Unlimited Fibre Office BQM
Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Sat 16-Jan-16 16:53:55
Print Post

Re: BT Wholesale at it with TAP3 tests

[re: craski] [link to this post]

Is this what Zen are telling you?
Standard User craski
(regular) Sat 16-Jan-16 18:21:56
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

Yes.
I did a TAP3 last night, followed all the instructions including the changing of username etc and screen grabbed every step of the way.
My 80/20 connection was running at 6.5Mb down and 2.5Mb up. I thought to myself, great, thats plenty evidence again (not the first really bad TAP3 test I have done but they are only kept on file for 3 days apparently) to be told by Zen this morning that the TAP3 test I did last night wasn't showing up in BT's system so I must have done it wrong and could I do it again tonight.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User derekdel
(member) Sat 16-Jan-16 19:08:06
Print Post

Do a speed test on this so they can see your problem, It's not a TAP3 but still logged against your broadband number..

http://speedtest.zen.co.uk/

ZeN Line 1 BQM
ZeN Line 2 BQM
BT Backhaul sucks
Standard User craski
(regular) Sat 16-Jan-16 19:17:36
Print Post

[re: derekdel] [link to this post]

Yeah, done loads of these Zen speed tests at various times of the day, both to demonstrate that the connection runs great at times and dismal at others and that the slowdown is predictable at peak times.

Its a real shame the BTW TAP3 doesnt give a reference number or something for the test that can be used and its super sneaky that they only apparently save one result, every time you re-run a test it over writes the previous one and after 3 days they are deleted.

The way todays/tonights BQM looks like it is going it should be fairly easy to get another failed TAP3 tonight ... the question is ... if its another bad one, will it actually be logged ...

Standard User craski
(regular) Sat 16-Jan-16 19:19:27
Print Post

@derekdel
Your Zen line 1 BQM looks very similar to mine.
Your Zen line 2 BQM looks looks rubbish!

Standard User tommy45
(knowledge is power) Sat 16-Jan-16 21:10:22
Print Post

In reply to a post by craski:
Yeah, done loads of these Zen speed tests at various times of the day, both to demonstrate that the connection runs great at times and dismal at others and that the slowdown is predictable at peak times.

Its a real shame the BTW TAP3 doesnt give a reference number or something for the test that can be used and its super sneaky that they only apparently save one result, every time you re-run a test it over writes the previous one and after 3 days they are deleted.

The way todays/tonights BQM looks like it is going it should be fairly easy to get another failed TAP3 tonight ... the question is ... if its another bad one, will it actually be logged ...
Yes even if you only do a normal BTW speedtest that will over write the previous TAP3, Been there,done that , and had the missing TAP3 result too, but not whilst with Zen
Standard User rarrar
(member) Sun 17-Jan-16 11:12:58
Print Post

I had this issue with another ISP, 1st stage download 2Mbps . tap3 70Mbps , but ISP says no tests registered on system - please take screenshots !
Standard User derekdel
(member) Sun 17-Jan-16 18:55:41
Print Post

Your Latency looks horrible just now!
Mine is sitting lower than normal albeit ever so slightly.... I'm scared to reboot my router in case it shoots back up.

I have one line on a move just now with another provider outwith BTW so will see how it goes.

How is your line tonight?

ZeN Line 1 BQM
ZeN Line 2 BQM
BT Backhaul sucks
Standard User craski
(regular) Sun 17-Jan-16 19:38:31
Print Post

Yeah, its got to be worth a shot at another provider who doesnt rely on BTW.

My connection is slowing down as usual tonight. Last Sunday night it got down to a crawl of about 2Mb with horrible latency so I wouldnt be surprised if it does that again tonight. You know its bad when you are forced to route Netflix/Amazon devices through a 7.5km ADSL line to improve the situation!

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to