General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User blockhead
(newbie) Wed 20-Jan-16 17:40:12
Print Post

Kempsey 11 (worcester)

[link to this post]

Been waiting ages after cabinet installed near my home for fibre. Superfast web site says Extended planning and road closure required but due by end of January.( I am a pessimist !) Road.org is showing repair and installation of ducting nearby. Does anybody have a clue if this is to do with getting fibre or just normal maintenance ? Thanks in advance.
Standard User PaulKirby
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 20-Jan-16 19:10:01
Print Post

Re: Kempsey 11 (worcester)

[re: blockhead] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by blockhead:
Been waiting ages after cabinet installed near my home for fibre. Superfast web site says Extended planning and road closure required but due by end of January.( I am a pessimist !) Road.org is showing repair and installation of ducting nearby. Does anybody have a clue if this is to do with getting fibre or just normal maintenance ? Thanks in advance.
A postcode on that cabinet would be nice, it seems that it must be a new cabinet due to I cannot see any postcodes linked to it yet, which is why a postcode would be nice.

You might also still be an EO (Exchange Only) Line.

Paul
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 20-Jan-16 19:11:00
Print Post

Kempsey is a wide area so a postcode for where the roadworks are might help.

At a guess this is for some work to resolve EO lines (i.e. a new cab 11) for a couple of postcodes out towards Littleworth. But without a postcode very much guess work based on multiple data sources.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User blockhead
(newbie) Wed 20-Jan-16 19:52:55
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

I have this afternoon had a reply from the superfast web site ! the work is now due to be completed the first quarter of this year.
It is a new cabinet in Littleworth wr52qg.

Thanks for taking the trouble to reply .
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 20-Jan-16 20:02:57
Print Post

Time to get excited once you see the cabinet going in in Littleworth then, and they should be some work to connect the fibre and power.

The work on Wadborough Road is probably prep work so that fibre tubing team and get the tubes in place, for the fibre blowing team to do their job.

Looks like part of old cabinet 5 is going to be cabinet 11 and given distance from cab 5 it makes sense given the number of premises involved.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User PaulKirby
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 20-Jan-16 20:26:36
Print Post

In reply to a post by blockhead:
I have this afternoon had a reply from the superfast web site ! the work is now due to be completed the first quarter of this year.
It is a new cabinet in Littleworth wr52qg.

Thanks for taking the trouble to reply .
According to the BT Openreach Where and when page, it says that your cabinet is at stage 6 (Connection) of the upgrade and estimates about 4 Months until it goes live.

Please note their dates are just estimated and can change, but at least you know stuff is happening smile

Paul
Standard User megatron2000
(newbie) Fri 12-Feb-16 23:59:37
Print Post

[re: PaulKirby] [link to this post]

Hi,

I think I'm also being moved from "Kempsey 5" to "Kempsey 11" as my cabinet has recently changed from 5 to 11 on the lookup tool. I'm quite a long way from the exchange (several Km) so I only get 1.75Mb/s on the (non-fibre) broadband service.

Does anyone know if being 'moved' to the (much closer, <1Km away) new cab 11 will have any effect on non-fibre broadband speeds, or do I have to get the more expensive FTTC service to get any benefit?

Also, the phone line has had lots of noise and crackles recently - is this just a consequence of things being moved?

Thanks!
Standard User blockhead
(newbie) Sat 07-May-16 09:12:54
Print Post

[re: megatron2000] [link to this post]

Kempsey 11 is now live and I am due to get activated on Monday 9th . Does work at the cabinet need to be carried out for this or is it at the exchange ?
Standard User lee111s
(committed) Sat 07-May-16 09:24:57
Print Post

At the cabinet. Your copper line needs to be connected to the DSLAM port in the cabinet.
  Print Thread

Jump to