General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Fastman2
(committed) Sat 23-Jan-16 13:10:15
Print Post

Re: The lack of fibre could cost BT dear!

[re: MHC] [link to this post]

the business operates in 170 + countries around the worldwide -- you would expect to need an in country presence to operate in some of those countries
Standard User MHC
(sensei) Sat 23-Jan-16 13:17:42
Print Post

[re: Fastman2] [link to this post]

No problem with that, it is the suggestion that those entities are used for tax avoidance that is wrong.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M H C

taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
Standard User Fastman2
(committed) Sat 23-Jan-16 13:31:03
Print Post

[re: MHC] [link to this post]

MHC agreed more disinformation as ever

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User MHC
(sensei) Sat 23-Jan-16 13:53:49
Print Post

[re: Bob_s2] [link to this post]

You tell me why OFCOM should have the right to force me to give up my investments in BT. The government decided to privatise BT which include the divisions which now form OR, I invested in that. I, and other shareholders should be the ones to decide how OUR company, not the government's is run.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M H C

taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
Standard User craski
(regular) Sat 23-Jan-16 14:15:06
Print Post

[re: Bob_s2] [link to this post]

BT or Openreach are not names that crop up for corporation tax avoidance schemes, the main names that continually seem to come up are companies like Amazon, Google and Apple. Huge tech companies which have paid very little if any UK corporation tax for many years.

Zen Unlimited Fibre Office BQM
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sat 23-Jan-16 14:20:16
Print Post

[re: Fastman2] [link to this post]

Also we do https://labs.thinkbroadband.com/local which has an increasing number of the alternate providers on it too, so helping those where BT/Virgin infrastructure is not giving decent speeds

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sat 23-Jan-16 14:24:21
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

And probably moans and groans about charges for no fault type visits would get worse, and various other little bits and pieces become chargeable e.g. want a data extension kit, that's another £75 on top of the install charge

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Sat 23-Jan-16 14:30:06
Print Post

[re: craski] [link to this post]

and especially Facebook
Standard User godsell4
(member) Sat 23-Jan-16 14:32:04
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

@MrSaffron Very useful .xls file given at the bottom of one of the reports linked to by the BIG document, see http://researchbriefings.parliament.uk/ResearchBrief...

but I would still like to see this list the number of properties not the percentage of properties

PlusNet Unlimited Fibre 3Mb to 5Mb
Standard User Fastman2
(committed) Sat 23-Jan-16 15:33:18
Print Post

[re: godsell4] [link to this post]

The BBC website refers to a business called stickleback fish company at AL9 7HB when you use the BTW wholsesale checker and find an address aty that postcode its an industrial estate you see it is connected to Hatfield 41 --

If you further check that postcode against Connected Counties (BDUK name for Bucks and Herts) you will see it is part of SEP for Connected counties - see link below (so covered under BDUK -- never commercial programme , would have been eligible under 1st Connected Counties programme but probably small cab so not good value for money to enable the county to hit is coverage percentages - so never made it under contract 1

http://www.connectedcounties.org/media/1190416/List-...

So business in his constituency is covered under BDUK

Edited by Fastman2 (Sat 23-Jan-16 15:36:51)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to