General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Mrmen
(newbie) Wed 27-Jan-16 01:36:51
Print Post

Cabinet enabled,excepting orders-now 5 month wait

[link to this post]

I live about 300 meters from the exchange and cabinet is outside the exchange, either end of village has fttc.
So why when openreach can go round village, why can't they do a cabinet that some people I know are less than 30 m from it.

Secondly, how does accepting orders turn to 5 months.

Thanks
Standard User lee111s
(member) Wed 27-Jan-16 08:26:06
Print Post

Re: Cabinet enabled,excepting orders-now 5 month wait

[re: Mrmen] [link to this post]

If you're that close to the exchange then you've no doubt been enjoying speeds of around 20meg for years, while others at the end of the village may have been struggling with less than 3? Now you're upset that they've been upgraded before you. You can't always have your cake and eat it.

Regarding the delay, the accepting orders bit may have been changed in error, or there could be a fault with the equipment in the cabinet and they have been given a 5month timeframe from the supplier.

I think the 5 month time scale on the "stage" the cabinet is at is generic though, so hopefully whatever it is that's causing the delay is sorted quicker.
Standard User simon194
(experienced) Wed 27-Jan-16 12:32:22
Print Post

[re: lee111s] [link to this post]

It was the same in the village where my parents live. They did the two cabs furthest away from the exchange first before the nearest on. Mind you they had all the cabs up and running within about 6 weeks.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Pgre
(experienced) Wed 27-Jan-16 14:01:07
Print Post

[re: simon194] [link to this post]

It may be worth remembering the Fibre may not go back to the local exchange, so there may well be fibre around the outside of the village first.. since there is fibre links there.

So a lot may depend on the topography of OR's network.

Regards PGre
Standard User simon194
(experienced) Wed 27-Jan-16 16:00:51
Print Post

[re: Pgre] [link to this post]

In this case the fibre goes to the exchange because it's the biggest exchange in the area and also feeds 3 other villages.
Standard User gt94sss2
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 27-Jan-16 16:27:36
Print Post

[re: simon194] [link to this post]

If its a new cabinet outside an exchange there is another simple reason why it might need longer to install and thats simply as more work is involved.

As Openreach are not allowed to fit FTTC equipment in exchanges, they need to move/rewire the telephone lines from the exchange to the new cabinet as well as enable it for FTTC.
Standard User Mrmen
(newbie) Wed 27-Jan-16 20:10:28
Print Post

Re: Cabinet enabled,accepting orders-now 5 month wait

[re: gt94sss2] [link to this post]

The exchange is one for whole village, the cabinet that I connect to is directly outside the exchange.
When and where said accepting orders so I tried to order and was told it was a mistake.

When and where went to within a month and to within 5 months.

Also since cabinet installed we have had several issues with cable faults and SNR all over place to point service interleaved and Slooooow.

Supposedly fixed and time and again it needs another repair-latest was damaged phone twisted pair external to property
Standard User gt94sss2
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 28-Jan-16 01:52:20
Print Post

Perhaps it might be helpful if you said which exchange and the cabinet number?
Standard User Mrmen
(newbie) Thu 28-Jan-16 23:31:41
Print Post

[re: gt94sss2] [link to this post]

Cabinet 6 WWBKNO
Standard User gt94sss2
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 29-Jan-16 00:25:24
Print Post

P6 FTTC being Built, live due by June 2016 is part of Phase BDUK CDS 14a

The other exchanges which have been enabled on that exchange wee part of Phase BDUK CDS 13b - so it appears that BDUK decided to upgrade your cabinet later.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to